DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY risky shots turned out really nice

Hey all!

Really proud of how this one turned out,
Flew most of the low and close shots with “line of site” of the drone, meaning I stared at it the whole shot without a glance down at the controller.

Shot on Mavic 2 pro, and few shots on iPhone XS Max

Any feedback/questions/input welcome!

-Ross

Reactions: rossmoney
Very nicely done. I wonder if you would have gotten rid of some of the haze in the video where you are substantially above the trees if you had a UV filter on your camera. Otherwise quite nice. Thanks for sharing.
Really good question! This whole video was flown with a polarpro ND32 filter. I do have the Polarized versions as well, but rarely use them as they require quite a bit of adjusting to get just right.
I will definitely try this next time I'm in that situation! Thanks for the tip, and thanks for watching!

Excellent video in all respects. Wish mine looked that good.
Thanks so much! I've crashed 3 drones and had them replaced through insurance and flown about 75 flight hours to get to where I'm at. Keep flying!

Hey all!

Flew most of the low and close shots with “line of site” of the drone, meaning I stared at it the whole shot without a glance down at the controller.

-Ross

EDIT: I used Polarpro ND32 when flying my Mavic 2 Pro.. There is one shot that I used my Mavic 2 Zoom and I don't have filters for that one, so you can kind of notice the stutter due to the shutter speed being extremely high at 1:35 in the video. Not the biggest fan of the zoom in general as it doesn't allow easing in and out of zooming.. pretty big deal breaker for active pushing in and out during shooting... I wrecked my first Mavic 2 and busted the gimbal, bought the zoom gimbal/camera for about $280 and installed it and have been flying that on the side. I hardly use it though..
Nice vid and an interesting choice of music/song. How were you able to get those close shots without the obstacle sensors going off? Especially when you’re flying under trees/branches. My sensor on top of the Mavic 2 always interferes with my flight.

Nice vid and an interesting choice of music/song. How were you able to get those close shots without the obstacle sensors going off? Especially when you’re flying under trees/branches. My sensor on top of the Mavic 2 always interferes with my flight.
Hey thanks for the comment!
I almost exclusively fly in sport mode, unless I’m using intelligent flight modes.
As you probably know, sport mode ignores the sensors.
Keep asking questions! I’m happy to help!

Stunningly good. Very impressive and enjoyable from start to finish. If anything, it was at my limit for length of drone videos, but it was so good I watched the entire video and wanted more.

Hey all!

-Ross

EDIT: I used Polarpro ND32 when flying my Mavic 2 Pro.. There is one shot that I used my Mavic 2 Zoom and I don't have filters for that one, so you can kind of notice the stutter due to the shutter speed being extremely high at 1:35 in the video. Not the biggest fan of the zoom in general as it doesn't allow easing in and out of zooming.. pretty big deal breaker for active pushing in and out during shooting... I wrecked my first Mavic 2 and busted the gimbal, bought the zoom gimbal/camera for about $280 and installed it and have been flying that on the side. I hardly use it though..
Nice work with the “risky“ shots. Those type of shots is what makes for interesting and engaging video.

Stunningly good. Very impressive and enjoyable from start to finish. If anything, it was at my limit for length of drone videos, but it was so good I watched the entire video and wanted more.
Thanks so much for the comment!
The goal was to make it engaging, so glad you liked it!

Reactions: mrwagdog
Nice work with the “risky“ shots. Those type of shots is what makes for interesting and engaging video.
Thank you!
Aerial footage is getting a little tired, hence why I did quite a bit of shots on the ground

Beautiful cinematography....the lighting is spot on!
Thanks so much! It was really tough to match the cloudy shots with the bright blue sunny ones, lots of temperature adjustments and color matching to get it right.
Thanks for the feedback!

I like your shots very much it is the first time that i see what possible is with drones
Also the mix with different shots are very good.
I am a videoediter for over 30 years
One point for comment is maybe the music choice, but that very personly.
Greetings from holland

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman