DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rebound on left/right yaw during course lock.

mpatts

Reactions
I was out flying today, testing some new settings and I found an issue with my yaw while in course lock. If I gave a little input to try and turn left or right it wouldn't turn as much as I expected. When I let go of the stick it would rotate back the direction it came from. I couldn't get a smooth turn because it was fighting me the whole time, I had to push almost all the way out to get it to rotate how I expected.

I have my yaw settings turned down in EXP, but if I turn course lock off, it works perfectly fine. I have the gimbal assist yaw setting on too. I didn't think of that until just now, I'll test later if turning the gimbal assist off will fix the issue.

Any thoughts?

I was out flying today, testing some new settings and I found an issue with my yaw while in course lock. If I gave a little input to try and turn left or right it wouldn't turn as much as I expected. When I let go of the stick it would rotate back the direction it came from. I couldn't get a smooth turn because it was fighting me the whole time, I had to push almost all the way out to get it to rotate how I expected.

I have my yaw settings turned down in EXP, but if I turn course lock off, it works perfectly fine. I have the gimbal assist yaw setting on too. I didn't think of that until just now, I'll test later if turning the gimbal assist off will fix the issue.

Any thoughts?
Did you have any luck with the above issue? I tested course lock for the very first time and faced exactly the same behaviour. Is this normal? I also have minimised yaw input at the EXP settings for smoother turns.

Any further posts or thoughts on this? Having the same problem with Mavic Pro 1 in November 2021.

Many thanks.

Lorin

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54