DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recall!! PGYTECH CPL and NDPL filters,

Shaluoman Camera Lens Filter CPL Accessories for Mavic Mini RC Drone is the one I just got that I have attached but not flown yet. Amazon now lists this as sold out. Anyway, it is lighter than the one PYGTech was selling. The other that I ordered and hasn't shown up yet is a Sunnylife Filter Set Lens Filter for DJI Mavic mini RC Drone - MCUV+CPL+ND4+ND8+ND16+ND32. I think someone here did try the SunnyLife. More as soon as I fly and can compare. The Sunnylife I got from Banggood, which is a Chinese Amazon type place.

Reactions: Mavic_Airwolf
Any updates on the PL filters for the mini???
In 2-3 months i really need these filters because of a vacation to the Maldives..
Hi there,

Thanks for your interest in our product.
Currently, CPL and ND-PL filter for Mavic Mini are not available, but we will have more and more professional accessories on our website, you can continue to pay attention to our website later.

Best regards
PGYTECH Team

Not great photos but you get the idea... this is some video and a couple stills with the Shaluoman Camera Lens Filter CPL. No gimbal shake upon fire up and taking off. Flew today not very high or far due to high winds. But the stills show the polarizer has some effect on the image. Sorry I wasn't able to fly until almost sundown so the polarizer effect isn't strong but I think you can see on the second edit on the video clip it is doing its job as the reefs are quite visible as are the inner seagrasses. The pan on the video was into strong winds... strong enough to have the warning come on a few times and also have the high power mode kick in twice during the flight. Same for the ascent shot from 60 to 100 feet... strong winds, which I take as a good sign as I think either panning into the wind or ascending into the wind would have caused the gimbal to shake if the filter was creating any problems. It was pretty cheap so it is probably not top quality glass, but we're not talking 8K video here either... it is just 480P here. So far I'd say Shaluoman Camera Lens Filter CPL is a pretty reasonably-priced little CPL that is designed well enough to work with the MINI. Got it on Amazon.
Video here:

480P Filter shake test

Attachments

• Mini with AMazon Filter_10.JPG
    Mini with AMazon Filter_10.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
  • Mini with AMazon Filter_17.JPG
    Mini with AMazon Filter_17.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
how does it affect framerate, its a fixed setting in the camera?
Vignetting is not an issue for me, i want to use the PL filter only for live viewing.. (Searching for spots to fish),

@TheRock, do you also have pictures without filter to compare the same picture?

• Haha
Reactions: TheRock
H
Don’t buy the Sunnylife filters, they do drop the frame rate, however you can see clear vignetting in photo mode.
Ha, Ha Ha... well, too late, they are on the way. I guess I'll have back-ups and will have to edit out the vignette. Good tip for the rest of the group.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Exactly :)
drone-karper-observeren-instagram-2.jpg

observeren-is-leren-drone.jpg

This will be my live view with a PL filter..

Exactly :)
drone-karper-observeren-instagram-2.jpg

observeren-is-leren-drone.jpg

This will be my live view with a PL filter..
Sweet, that really works!! I shoot the reefs and then realize there was a ray or something cool there afterward. Old eyes I guess !!

Reactions: fly_seychelles
H

Ha, Ha Ha... well, too late, they are on the way. I guess I'll have back-ups and will have to edit out the vignette. Good tip for the rest of the group.
It doesn’t show up on video, I guess the Mini crops it out at 16.9. They are super light weight tho and no gimbal errors, and contrary to what some people are saying you can get closer to the 180 rule, I had iso 110, frame rate 25 and shutter speed of 45 ish. I think the mini does a reasonably job of motion blur even without filters, maybe it the lower bit rate?

Reactions: TheRock
My Sunnylife Filter Set Lens Filters for DJI Mavic mini RC Drone - MCUV+CPL+ND4+ND8+ND16+ND32 showed up last weekend but it has been raining and blowing here. As soon as it calms down I'll go up and see how the CPL works.

This a huge thread so apologies as this is probably already mentioned, but what are the recommended brand now? Freewell?

I have bought an UV-Filter for my Mavic mini from PGYTECH. I had the same problems
with an extremely shaking gimbal.When I took it off all was ok again. hotte.surf

Well, I did promise a flight with the SunnyLife PL and here it is taken yesterday March 22 when the wind was finally OK for a Mavic Mni. The tilt up at the end of the video shows it doesn't seem to affect the camera.

Here's the YouTube link:

Also, here's a still. Some say the filter causes some vignetting but I didn't see any.

Piti Obs.jpg

I guess everyone has figured it out by now. Anyway, images look better. I'd say you can give them a try. There seem to be more options now that work as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov