DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendation For 3D Photo's

FASTFJR

Reactions
Recommendation For 3D Photo's......

I'm trying to find a Free App I can use with my MP2 to take photos of a large statue. I eventually want to end up with a 3D STL file of it for 3D printing

Reactions: Mav2Pro
Recommendation For 3D Photo's......

I'm trying to find a Free App I can use with my MP2 to take photos of a large statue. I eventually want to end up with a 3D STL file of it for 3D printing
TRY these first: Meshroom https://github.com/alicevision/meshroom; Mesh Lab MeshLab
I'm pretty sure Meshroom is made for STL and 3d printinng.

I use camera tracking/solving software to rebuild an entire scene or an object aka Mesh Building. I use Anderson Technologies, Synth Eyes. But it has a price tag. It may have a free 30 day use version, not sure.

I'm not sure if Mocha Pro's camera solver can create a 3d object.

You could also try using an Iphone 12 (by attaching it to the drone). They have free apps that reconstruct objects in 3d using the phone's LIDAR scanner.

Last edited:
Reactions: FASTFJR
TRY these first: Meshroom https://github.com/alicevision/meshroom; Mesh Lab MeshLab
I'm pretty sure Meshroom is made for STL and 3d printinng.

I use camera tracking/solving software to rebuild an entire scene or an object aka Mesh Building. I use Anderson Technologies, Synth Eyes. But it has a price tag. It may have a free 30 day use version, not sure.

I'm not sure if Mocha Pro's camera solver can create a 3d object.

You could also try using an Iphone 12 (by attaching it to the drone). They have free apps that reconstruct objects in 3d using the phone's LIDAR scanner.
Thanks for the links, I tried my iPhone but the state is too large. This is what I'm trying to reproduce

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail