DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording Audio with your Mavic Pro Flight

Chet Bang

Reactions
#1 - Go to Gen. Settings on your phone and search for DJI Go 4 App. In the App, turn ON Microphone

#2 - Go to Gen. Settings in the DJI Go 4 App and Turn ON Record Audio with Video Cache.

#3 - Record Commentary while you're flying[emoji1360]

#4 - Download Video/Audio Clip from the DJI Go 4 App as sound doesn't record Audio onto the SD Card

Last edited:
I have been just going Facebook Live... It allows for commentary and you don't have to transfer anything off of the SD card. It is saved automatically to your Facebook page. The downfall is you cant edit your video... But raw footage is real footage ;)... LOL...

I have been just going Facebook Live... It allows for commentary and you don't have to transfer anything off of the SD card. It is saved automatically to your Facebook page. The downfall is you cant edit your video... But raw footage is real footage ;)... LOL...

Does FB Live show the 4K footage or is it compressed to 720p?

Reactions: wilkie647
Is it iOS only for now. I did have a look in th settings of Dji go 4 app on my android phone and the option wasn't there. The app is obviously updated to the latest version.

Is it iOS only for now. I did have a look in th settings of Dji go 4 app on my android phone and the option wasn't there. The app is obviously updated to the latest version.

I have an Iphone so I'll make that assumption it's only on IOS

It just shows HD... Not sure if its 4K or not but it looks good.. Heres one of my flights...You have to click the watch on Facebook.... I don't know why it won't imbed... Sorry

FB won't let me watch the video as it is expired or I need additional permission. Yes the videos are still pretty nice. I know DJI GO 4 compresses and stores only 720p video on the phone. When I download and edit videos, if I want to include the sound in some clips, I am combining my 4K and 720p (audio footage) to the YouTube video and it looks no different in Youtube's final compression. It's just a great feature to have the Audio when you are doing something like a Group Reveal shot like I did at 2' 30" in this video..

Reactions: Deer_Predator
Lets try it this way... LOL..

So it does look like the video is compressed. You are recording in 4K? I believe FB Live is compressed to 720p or 1080p. Still good enough to have that additional Audio feature. I also read in some of your other post that FB Live is an IOS only feature and I guess IOS only has this feature on there phones as those on Android or Google don't have this feature. Well Lucky for IOS Diehards! LOL

Lets try it this way... LOL..

Oh if you are on FB Live, it's common courtesy to give a constant commentary while your live...HEHE! We need to hear that deep voice in the background telling us how the Antelope is being stalked by the Lion (National Geographic Style!) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh if you are on FB Live, it's common courtesy to give a constant commentary while your live...HEHE! We need to hear that deep voice in the background telling us how the Antelope is being stalked by the Lion (National Geographic Style!) [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I sold my Android tablet and went to an IPad mini2 because after one of the last updates the tablet would no longer work with DJI... The IPad actually runs smoother anyway...

Hahahah... If we had Antelope and Lions here in Illinois I would for sure comment on that.. You could be sure of it!! ;)

Reactions: Chet Bang
Can someone provide simple instructions on how to download audio file from DJI app and conbine it with video?

Can someone provide simple instructions on how to download audio file from DJI app and conbine it with video?

In the DJI GO 4 App, after recording your video, on the bottom right is a Right Arrow button you can playback your footage. Once you click on the video, you have an option to download to your Camera Roll.

You can also go to the Editor tab at the bottom of the App to do the same thing.

Last edited:
Hey man does your facebook friends hear any sound when you go live??

My video cache gets full a few min into each flight. I usually shoot in 4K and hit record when I take off. Don’t wanna miss anything. Cache is full before I even set up the shot I want most of the time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake