DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Records to IPhone...sometimes...sometimes not??

Norcal flyer

Reactions
My first couple of flights, recorded both to the SD card on the Mavic, and onto my IPhone (which I found later through the "editor" button on the app). However, subsequent flights did not record to the IPhone (although they did record to the SD card). Obvious user error on my part...any help appreciated!

I noticed the same - haven't looked into it fully but suspect the cache on the phone side app is full and doesn't get emptied - may be wrong just remember seeing something about cache full. Need to have a look myself as i did like the funky videos the dji app put together - on iOS

Reactions: Norcal flyer
I noticed the same - haven't looked into it fully but suspect the cache on the phone side app is full and doesn't get emptied - may be wrong just remember seeing something about cache full. Need to have a look myself as i did like the funky videos the dji app put together - on iOS
Thanks Deggers....You're right. now I recall seeing "cache full" myself. Need to explore further.

It is hard to get used to. You can actually record video to the cache without an SD card, but pictures won't store. At least I don't think so. Found this out today when I ran outside to film a hot air balloon coming by. Took a little of pics, but they don't show up anywhere. The videos are there though (in the editor). Is there a way to get the vids transferred, or are they only available as previews in the app?

There is a setting that establishes the cache size and whether to overwrite when full. I have mine set to 16GB and overwrite enabled. Change this and you should be good.

Ok i have mine changed to 16 gb does that 16gb come from the phone?

There is a setting that establishes the cache size and whether to overwrite when full. I have mine set to 16GB and overwrite enabled. Change this and you should be good.
Where do u change the settings in the app ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots