DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Dash on Gimbal Slide

Jae72

Reactions
Recently I began having the "gimbal motor overload" error. No crash was involved but I believe it is the ribbon connector. If I turn the MP on its right side when powering on the error does not show up 70% of the time.

This may be coincidence but I notice when it is working properly the dji go app shows a red dash on the gimbal slide display. I couldn't find any material or posts on what it is. Doesn't appear in any screen shot from other pilots I've seen either.

Anybody have any ideas on what it means? Pictures attached. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190605-095304_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190605-095304_Gallery.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20190605-095110.jpg
    Screenshot_20190605-095110.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 26
It indicates level horizontal setting, that is, gimbal pitch of 0 degrees.

If the slider on the right side of the screen doesn't move when the camera is rotated up and down that would indicate that either the camera isn't working properly or the cabling between the camera and gimbal control board is broken. If it is still moving but you aren't getting correct gimbal movement it is usually the ribbon or gimbal assembly. Sometimes if you do not use the gimbal lock the ribbon cable or PTZ cable can break during transportation so my guess is one of those two cables is causing the issue. Let me know how it is looking.

-Kale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial