DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red/Green

garaobriain

Reactions
Does anyone know the reason for red LED's at the front and green rear? As an ex blue light driver I know that red lights can only be shown to the rear, obviously for road vehicles. What are the lighting regulations for aircraft concerning colour and positioning?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The lights help you visually see the direction your Mavic is facing.

Red for danger coming towards you maybe Always been that way for drones as far as I know.

Reactions: Kilrah
I don't know of any such drone standard. But, DJI always has solid red lights in the font. The rear lights change to indicate various conditions.

Goes back to tricopters when the front arms were painted red for orientation.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't know of any such drone standard. But, DJI always has solid red lights in the font. The rear lights change to indicate various conditions.
I am constructing / flying multicopters since 2008 and I always installed green and red LEDs. Like real airplanes or ships.
Helps a lot on orientatiorn.
Regards
Urs

Thanks. Yes it would be a great help for orientation but what I was wondering was what the lighting regulations are regarding which colours face which direction. I guess there are no rules like that as different drones have varying colours in all directions!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929