DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flytron strobes a big shout out

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
i recently purchased a couple of their new strobes with dual LEDS i chose the white +red and a white+ green, that fit on the rear arms under the motors to aid my old eyes to know the orientation of the drone at whatever distance i am flying ,they arrived quickly ,but unfortunately when i tried them out the white+ green one , would only flash white the white +red one was fine i emailed the company for advice ,and within 2 days, a completely free new white +green strobe replacement arrived on my doorstep
this was magnificent service and i think it deserves a mention on the forum

Last edited:
i recently purchased a couple of their new strobes with dual LEDS i chose the white +red and a white+ green, that fit on the rear arms under the motors to aid my old eyes to know the orientation of the drone at whatever distance i am flying ,they arrived quickly ,but unfortunately when i tried them out the white+ green one , would only flash white the white +red one was fine i emailed the company for advice ,and within 2 days, a completely free new white +green strobe replacement arrived on my doorstep
I recently added two more from them for my second machine.

Reactions: old man mavic
OMM:
Unfortunately for me, these are made in the UK and international shipping is involved for US. buyers. There is also a banner on their web site warning of delays due to the Ukraine-Russian conflict.

Dale
Miami

OMM:
Unfortunately for me, these are made in the UK and international shipping is involved for US. buyers. There is also a banner on their web site warning of delays due to the Ukraine-Russian conflict.

Dale
Miami
Interesting. Any idea why the delivery time is affected by the war?

@Dale D unfortunately it seems to be the way of the world right now,many of the items i view on amazon or E bay ,will say not able to deliver to the UK ,and even stuff from China has several weeks delivery dates, i would imagine Firehouse or Lumecube do something similar,which you should be able to obtain

Reactions: FireAnt
i would imagine Firehouse or Lumecube do something similar,which you should be able to obtain

If FHT (Firehouse Technology) still make the Dual 2 led, they are brilliant for assisting VLOS at reasonable distance.

i chose the white +red and a white+ green, that fit on the rear arms under the motors to aid my old eyes to know the orientation of the drone at whatever distance i am flying

Do you find that helps OMM ?
I found using FHT Duals in red and green, fitted by Velcro on the body under my Spark arms, the colours were quite ok to assist with orientation out to about normal VLOS, but if I went further they tended to 'meld together' and be indistinguishable, even when using a white too, they just look the same and even look like a single flash, all be it very often.
Just a depth perception thing where they are hard to separate.

@MAvic_South_Oz ,yes they do help with knowing the orientation of the drone ,i dont fly much more than 6 to 7 hundred feet with my Mini 3 and i can still distinguish the lights in relation to the drones direction ,i have white+red on the right ,and white+ green on the left rear arm ,beneath the motors ,the duel lock that comes with them, is already cut to exactly the right size to fit, and also because of the way the drone is angled during flight i can still see them when it is facing towards me as well

@MAvic_South_Oz ,yes they do help with knowing the orientation of the drone ,i dont fly much more than 6 to 7 hundred feet with my Mini 3 and i can still distinguish the lights in relation to the drones direction ,i have white+red on the right ,and white+ green on the left rear arm ,beneath the motors ,the duel lock that comes with them, is already cut to exactly the right size to fit, and also because of the way the drone is angled during flight i can still see them when it is facing towards me as well

Ah yes, 700' / ~ 213m is about where they start to blend . . . I'm usually about there too, but if I want to take the Spark a bit further, the strobes really help located it fast to keep in the spirit of VLOS.

I find the red / white ARC II strobe I have is helpful too, they flash alternatively, rather than switching to either, and white being the most visible for distance, followed by red, works good.

Good to see Flytron making new strobes of different formats, they are good value for sure.
I notice FHT always seem to have theirs discounted on their website, seems to have started more since the Flytron presence kicked in a bit more in the drone strobe market.