DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Rock National Conservation Area near Las Vegas Nevada

Was this accomplished by launching outside the Preserve and flying over a few areas? Just curious as I’ve been there and there are many scenic vantage points. This appeared to be just a part of it. Thus the question based on flight time and getting back outside the perimeter to land. This was very nice to be sure.

Comments appreciated !

My comments:

Wonderful subject. Excellent music. Great, smooth movements. Simple transitions that do not detract from the whole presentation. Very cool!

On the flip side, it looks like the those mountains and foot hills could use increased contrast, thus improving natural saturation. Also, with all those small hills, there may have been an opportunity for a "reveal" movement for dramatic effect. Lastly, for variety, I'd add a shot using crab angle flight path either by hand or via Homelock.

Thanks for sharing, and do more!

Was this accomplished by launching outside the Preserve and flying over a few areas? Just curious as I’ve been there and there are many scenic vantage points. This appeared to be just a part of it. Thus the question based on flight time and getting back outside the perimeter to land. This was very nice to be sure.

The last time I checked it is permissible to fly inside the park. I was advised just not to fly over people or traffic. The park is operated by Bureau of land management and not National Park Service so the rules are different. I usually see other people flying each time I go. Should they ever change the rules there are numerous places along the road from which to stop and fly.

Reactions: jag32266 and DanaMc
My comments:

Wonderful subject. Excellent music. Great, smooth movements. Simple transitions that do not detract from the whole presentation. Very cool!

On the flip side, it looks like the those mountains and foot hills could use increased contrast, thus improving natural saturation. Also, with all those small hills, there may have been an opportunity for a "reveal" movement for dramatic effect. Lastly, for variety, I'd add a shot using crab angle flight path either by hand or via Homelock.

Thanks for sharing, and do more!
Thanks for the comments. On the last shot there is a bit of a reveal showing the rolling hills. I have about an hour of video and may put other clips together for a future post.

Regarding the color and contrast I tend to agree. I have seen a few videos advising to record video using "D CineLike" settings and add color grading after. Also, I like to submit my clips to "Black Box" or "Shutterstock" and have had clips rejected before due to over processing so I tend to make the original color grading somewhat neutral.

Not sure if I mentioned, but shot with Mavic Air

The last time I checked it is permissible to fly inside the park. I was advised just not to fly over people or traffic. The park is operated by Bureau of land management and not National Park Service so the rules are different. I usually see other people flying each time I go. Should they ever change the rules there are numerous places along the road from which to stop and fly.
Thanks for the reply. Great information I wasn’t aware of. What a fabulous place to fly. A million different angles and views. Thank again. ?

Well done and very enjoyable.
My suggestion would be to try another time of day, early morning or late afternoon. The natural lighting would make the contours more interesting and add naturally to the coloring. It's called 'golden hour' for a reason.

I also enjoyed the camera moves as it didn't jerk me around in the motions.

One thing I like to do is continue recording on RTH. Gives a nice smooth flight and descent, so great for video capture.

Occasionally I would screen capture a still photo and do some further processing as seen here

Attachments

• Nevada Sunrise and Morning Shadows .jpg
    Nevada Sunrise and Morning Shadows .jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt