DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red waypoint pro android

I bought the PRO version a couple of days ago after trying the free version for a week with my MIni. I have no regrets so far, but I'm still learning as I go along. This morning, I snuck out of the office for a while and did a seven waypoint flight. It worked flawlessly even despite of the wind. I haven't experimented with POI's yet but it looked good in the YouTube video I watched. I like how it gives you a choice between a step or a ramp configuration for changes in altitude between waypoints. For $20 Canadian I'm satisfied with the purchase.

I bought the PRO version a couple of days ago after trying the free version for a week with my MIni. I have no regrets so far, but I'm still learning as I go along. This morning, I snuck out of the office for a while and did a seven waypoint flight. It worked flawlessly even despite of the wind. I haven't experimented with POI's yet but it looked good in the YouTube video I watched. I like how it gives you a choice between a step or a ramp configuration for changes in altitude between waypoints. For $20 Canadian I'm satisfied with the purchase.
@Bosco Bear - What Android device are you using for Red Waypoint Pro? I have it installed on a Winnova T10 tablet ( the DJI Fly app runs on it). The step changes works fine but can't use the ramp feature for altitude changes. It shudders violently trying to ramp. The problem is with the tablet. I too like the app but am considering another Android device so looking for ideas and advice. Wish RW Pro also ran on iOS.

@Bosco Bear - What Android device are you using for Red Waypoint Pro? I have it installed on a Winnova T10 tablet ( the DJI Fly app runs on it). The step changes works fine but can't use the ramp feature for altitude changes. It shudders violently trying to ramp. The problem is with the tablet. I too like the app but am considering another Android device so looking for ideas and advice. Wish RW Pro also ran on iOS.
I use a Samsung Galaxy A5 phone with the PRO version. It's a few years old but it seems to work okay with this app. I have been taking baby steps trying out Red Waypoint, so mostly slower speeds and shallow inclines with the ramp feature so far. I guess if I were to speed it up and do sharp changes in altitude flying into the wind it might not be as peaceful. I also use a Samsung Tab A 8" tablet for flying but I'm still on the free app for that device, so no ramp feature. I guess I have to pay again to add the PRO app to a second device so I'll make sure that I like it a lot before parting with more money.

I use a Samsung Galaxy A5 phone with the PRO version. It's a few years old but it seems to work okay with this app. I have been taking baby steps trying out Red Waypoint, so mostly slower speeds and shallow inclines with the ramp feature so far. I guess if I were to speed it up and do sharp changes in altitude flying into the wind it might not be as peaceful. I also use a Samsung Tab A 8" tablet for flying but I'm still on the free app for that device, so no ramp feature. I guess I have to pay again to add the PRO app to a second device so I'll make sure that I like it a lot before parting with more money.
Do you have to pay for WP Pro a second time just to put it on another Android device? Usually there's a charge only if using another operating system, which the Red Waypoint pro app only works on Android so I think you can install it on a second device.

Reactions: Carhop

pretty sure as long as its the same platform android or ios u can have it on more than one device it’s only when switching platforms ud need to rebuy

pretty sure as long as its the same platform android or ios u can have it on more than one device it’s only when switching platforms ud need to rebuy
Currently - Red Waypoint Pro - is ONLY available on Android. That's why I questioned @Bosco Bear about it costing him twice to have it on two Android devices. It's a great app for $20, well worth it.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
Do you have to pay for WP Pro a second time just to put it on another Android device? Usually there's a charge only if using another operating system, which the Red Waypoint pro app only works on Android so I think you can install it on a second device.

Thank you EyesWideShut and DrizzyDrones for bringing this to my attention. You are right. Now I have the PRO version on both devices!

Another feature of Red Waypoint Pro with the mini is that you can control each of the two bottom sensors. Good for precision flying over obstacles where you don't want the mini rising or for hand catching.

Also turning off the precision positioning puts the mini in ATTI mode but still has the less accurate GPS for positioning. For safety remember to switch the sensors back on so you don't get any surprises on your next flight. Don't ask me how I know...

ATTI Mode Sensors.jpg

11. It possible to change to FCC when flying in a CE regulation country?
Red Waypoint will automatically ask to the user the need to change the connectivity configuration according to the country regulations. It is the user responsability to accept or cancel it.

What do you mean by this? I know FCC and CE and I have CE version mini. I mean to say I can use FCC mode? I've seen no the connectivity configuration else where in app.

I think their email service (only way , no forum) slow respond I send 4 email to them since 12 sep so far not any response yet. Despite their app show quite great capability. Few some here and there bug. Also I feel like simulator button never work.

I think their email service (only way , no forum) slow respond I send 4 email to them since 12 sep so far not any response yet. Despite their app show quite great capability. Few some here and there bug. Also I feel like simulator button never work.
The app is promising, but their support is horrible. That is why, I will stop making tutorials, even so I was promised help to understand the entire software. I like this app, but will switch over to Litchi in the future.
The simulator works only if you have the MM on. Just turn on your MM, set it out if your way in your home, then you can play with the simulator.

The app is promising, but their support is horrible. That is why, I will stop making tutorials, even so I was promised help to understand the entire software. I like this app, but will switch over to Litchi in the future.
The simulator works only if you have the MM on. Just turn on your MM, set it out if your way in your home, then you can play with the simulator.

Thank for your tutorial even O not yet watch one of them. Will so sound great tutorial. Cant help for their support. It should be good app however. Unfortunate don't know when litchi will support waypoint. I heard that mavic mini sdk may never add the function.

Simulator I also try click when mavic mini connect just before click start mission, so far... nothing simulate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada