DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refresh question about FAA

DaveBonnot

Reactions
I just received my Refreshed MA2 Drone after a crash into a sand dune. I'm wondering, do I need to re-register this drone with the FAA or will the license be OK to use with this new one?

Dave

I just received my Refreshed MA2 Drone after a crash into a sand dune. I'm wondering, do I need to re-register this drone with the FAA or will the license be OK to use with this new one?

Dave
If you are Part 107 commercial then technically Yes, the number is associated with the serial number of the drone. If flying recreational then you can mark all your drones with the same registration number.

Reactions: BigAl07

Dave

Use the same number as before.

Not if he's Part 107, he didn't specify if he's commercial or hobbyist (recreational).

Reactions: BigAl07 and MA2 317
Not if he's Part 107, he didn't specify if he's commercial or hobbyist (recreational).
I logged into the site, changed the serial number on my 107 registered MA2s, and used the same stickers. As long as you don't delete the care refreshed drone, but simply update it - no new tail number.

And... while you're in there ... if you haven't done the June refresh for your license since the new rules took effect, you might as well knock that out. I wasn't due for another year, but completing the test (45 questions can't really fail) tacks on 2 years from the date you pass the test. What a bargain! (and you can fly under the new rules).

Reactions: DaveBonnot
I just received my Refreshed MA2 Drone after a crash into a sand dune. I'm wondering, do I need to re-register this drone with the FAA or will the license be OK to use

Dave
Good information here;

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J