DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurbished DJI Drones

If you're buying from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer, they come with the same warranty as a new drone. I often see people commenting that they appear to be brand new. And keep in mind that the many people sending in their drones to DJI for repair are receiving refurbished drones in return. So, it's quite common for people to be flying refurbished drones.

You can find lots of existing discussions about refurbished Mavics in these search results.

How good are these refurbished DJI drones?

As @msinger said, "If you're buying from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer, they come with the same warranty as a new drone."

Be careful when you buy a "seller refurbished" drone as opposed to a "manufacturer refurbished" drone. I have seen many on eBay that are refurbished by the seller which might mean that they are not back to factory specs, or are used in some other way.

They’re fine. There is a reason DJI is willing to even give a full warranty with them.

I bought a refurb direct from DJI last month. It looks and flies brand new. No issues at all so far. with the money I saved I got DJI refresh to go with it, just for extra piece of mind and a faster (hopefully) turnaround if there was an issue.

I agree to stay away from any refurbed units not from DJI directly.

I am debating if I should get Mavic Pro refurbished or pay a $200 more and get Air combo.

Some how MP combo is not under refurbished in DJI. Right now Refurbished is $799.

Was it $699 before?

I am debating if I should get Mavic Pro refurbished or pay a $200 more and get Air combo.

Some how MP combo is not under refurbished in DJI. Right now Refurbished is $799.

Was it $699 before?

ya last week there was a sale. I was bummed out having paid 799 a few weeks ago :p but it is what it is. I was also thinking I would buy the mavic air new. but when I saw the MP was on refurb for 799 (same price) I jumped on it for the extra features.

Since they had a 699 sale I imagine they are out of refurbs right now. depends how long you can force yourself to wait ;)

Reactions: buzzbuggy1970
ya last week there was a sale. I was bummed out having paid 799 a few weeks ago :p but it is what it is. I was also thinking I would buy the mavic air new. but when I saw the MP was on refurb for 799 (same price) I jumped on it for the extra features.

Since they had a 699 sale I imagine they are out of refurbs right now. depends how long you can force yourself to wait ;)

they have refurb for $799. but I am still thinking Air would do be much better. its new drone, will stay on high price for at least 1.5 years.

they have refurb for $799. but I am still thinking Air would do be much better. its new drone, will stay on high price for at least 1.5 years.

I thought about that, but, I remembered how many issues the first mavic pro's had on release, and I see somewhat similar issues with the air.

The big thing for me was the remote. I wanted the full telemetry, plus I wanted ocusync instead of wifi. There are also a lot more accessories available for the MP and that was big for me. At the same price it was a no brainer for me to pick between them.

Last edited:
I thought about that, but, I remembered how many issues the first mavic pro's had on release, and I see somewhat similar issues with the air.

The big thing for me was the remote. I wanted the full telemetry, plus I wanted ocusync instead of wifi. There are also a lot more accessories available for the MP and that was big for me. At the same price it was a no brainer for me to pick between them.

As my first drone, I just don't want to have to worry later that my battery doesn't last on MA fly more combo. I am not sure if I will notice the range.

As my first drone, I just don't want to have to worry later that my battery doesn't last on MA fly more combo. I am not sure if I will notice the range.

To my knowledge (and someone will correct me if i am wrong) but refurbs come with new batteries. Mavic pro flight time is longer that air anyhow. a few minutes may not seem like much, but I came from MJX drones that were only 7 min per flight, I appreciate longer flight time :)

With either the Air or the Pro you are going to have fun :) That's all that matters in the end. Pick what best suits you, others :)

Happy flying :)

If you're buying from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer, they come with the same warranty as a new drone. I often see people commenting that they appear to be brand new. And keep in mind that the many people sending in their drones to DJI for repair are receiving refurbished drones in return. So, it's quite common for people to be flying refurbished drones.

You can find lots of existing discussions about refurbished Mavics in these search results.

I got two from Amazon. A pro and a bebop2. Never knew they weren’t brand new. I’ll never buy new. Why? These ARE new. They haven’t had previous owners. I don’t know what the criteria is. I was messing with my Dell monitor the other day and turned it upside down and **** if it wasn’t a refurb. Too. I neverknew.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK