DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

? about remote ID on my "new" refurbished Air2S

beeflyin

Reactions
Just bought refurbished Air2S from Drone nerds. Before I open box, looking at serial number and doesn't have the 5 numbers that "remote ID compliant" drones supposedly have 1581F. Does that mean this one won't be remote compliant, or will an app/software update bring this one up to speed? I know all drones in DJI manufactured after Sept 22 are supposed to be remote ID complaint, but wasn't sure what happens with older drones.

Just bought refurbished Air2S from Drone nerds. Before I open box, looking at serial number and doesn't have the 5 numbers that "remote ID compliant" drones supposedly have 1581F. Does that mean this one won't be remote compliant, or will an app/software update bring this one up to speed? I know all drones in DJI manufactured after Sept 22 are supposed to be remote ID complaint, but wasn't sure what happens with older drones.
You can check by having the drone on and in the Fly App look to see if it's broadcasting an ID. If memory serves me, it's under "About"

If I take shrink wrap off and take drone out of box, then 20% restocking fee, so I'm trying to find out prior to removing from the box. Thanks though

RID or no RID. I'm going to fly my drone anyway. What happens if you fly with no RID module? Police aren't really educated on it. They probably won't know if your drone has it or not. If they use an app to see if your drone is transmitting and it isn't, they will have to follow it to when and where you land and ask you. Just say, the module fell off while you were flying if asked, Or say maybe your internal RID is broken. " I swear, I was told my drone has RID officer".

Reactions: Starz and Yaros
There should be RID in all Air 2S aircraft, no matter the serial number. Because it is implemented in firmware and (probably) uses the same radio as to communicate with the RC.

If my memory serves me right, they didn't implement RID into the AIR2S until sometime in 2022. You can check the FAA or Dji website. Hope this helps.
FlySafe an Fly Legal

Oman

My air2s is RID compliant
From above :
"RID or no RID. I'm going to fly my drone anyway. What happens if you fly with no RID module? Police aren't really educated on it. They probably won't know if your drone has it or not."

I don't think "skirting" the law is a path you want to take.
Forgive me but this type of attitude is the very reason for more and more drone regulation

Just say, the module fell off while you were flying if asked,
The F.A.A. does not recognize the term "fell off" This will be interpreted as -- " I did not secure something properly to my aircraft", Incurring another fine

Last edited:
Reactions: Oman
Just bought refurbished Air2S from Drone nerds. Before I open box, looking at serial number and doesn't have the 5 numbers that "remote ID compliant" drones supposedly have 1581F. Does that mean this one won't be remote compliant, or will an app/software update bring this one up to speed? I know all drones in DJI manufactured after Sept 22 are supposed to be remote ID complaint, but wasn't sure what happens with older

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147