DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regarding the sudden disappearance of the Air 2s during flight

I was just signing on to say, I'm not going to make my dead line, other stuff came up and having iTunes not install on any computer, the ID / Pass. crap..

Rod ..

that's okay rod, i think meta4 is on it

On June 25, 2023, I flew my drone for a planned shoot. It was flying at a height of 72 meters and about 350 meters away when, after exactly 11 minutes, I lost connection. The remote control screen suddenly went black, and a message appeared saying "remote control not connected to the device." Initially, I thought it would return within the first ten seconds, but it didn't. I tried moving to a higher location to regain signal, but then I realized that all 28 GPS satellites were still active. At that moment, I understood that the issue wasn't signal loss.
Your flight data ends with the drone in Sport Mode, hovering 71 metres up and 379 metres from home.
There was an error message which said: The Remote Control is not connected to the mobile device.
The cable linking your phone/tablet to the controller had been dislodged so no data from the controller could be shown on your screen.
The drone would have still been controllable, even with nothing showing on the screen.
If you reconnected the cable, things should have been back to normal.

But if you left the cable disconnected and left the drone hovering, it should have initiated RTH when the battery level was low and returned home.
Failsafe Action was set to RTH, the homepoint was set correctly at the start of the flight, the wind was low and there were no obstacles between the drone and homepoint.

At the time data ended, the battery level as at 52% and pitch and roll data don't show any evidence of a crash or collision.

The last recorded location is unlikely to be where the drone ended up as it was 71 metres up when the data was recorded and there is no reason it would have landed there.

How long did you wait at the homepoint after you lost your screen view?

Reactions: Xitor and RodPad
Uçuş verileriniz, drone'nun Spor Modunda 71 metre yukarıda ve evden 379 metre uzakta havada asılı kalmasıyla sona erer.
Şunu söyleyen bir hata mesajı oluştu: Uzaktan Kumanda mobil cihaza bağlı değil.
Telefonunuzu/tabletinizi kumandaya bağlayan kablo yerinden çıktığı için kumandadan gelen hiçbir veri ekranınızda görüntülenemez.
Ekranda hiçbir şey görünmese bile dron hala kontrol edilebilirdi.
Kabloyu yeniden bağladıysanız, her şey normale dönmüş olmalıdır.

Ancak kabloyu söküp drone'u havada asılı bırakırsanız, pil seviyesi düşükken RTH'yi başlatması ve eve dönmesi gerekirdi.
Failsafe Action, RTH olarak ayarlandı, uçuş başlangıcında ana nokta doğru bir şekilde ayarlandı, rüzgar azdı ve drone ile ana nokta arasında hiçbir engel yoktu.

Veriler sona erdiğinde, pil seviyesi %52'ydi ve yalpalama ve yuvarlanma verileri herhangi bir çarpma veya çarpışma kanıtı göstermiyor.

Veriler kaydedildiğinde 71 metre yükseklikte olduğundan ve oraya inmesi için hiçbir neden olmadığından, son kaydedilen konumun drone'nun son bulduğu yer olması pek olası değil.

Ekran görünümünüzü kaybettikten sonra başlangıç noktasında ne kadar beklediniz?
Let's say the cable was faulty at that moment. Even if the remote control was not connected to the mobile device, flight data would not be recorded. As far as I know, the recording process starts when the drone is powered on and continues until it is powered off. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I waited at the starting point for more than 5 minutes. First, I hoped for an automatic Return-to-Home (RTH) function. Then, I pressed the RTH button on the remote control and waited. During this time, it should have returned to the home point, but since it didn't, I quickly went towards the last recorded location. I asked everyone there in detail, climbed onto rooftops, checked security cameras, and even gave some money to the kids in the neighborhood to find it. I left no stone unturned within a 100-meter radius. After each investigation, I marked the findings on a printed map. After a week, I lost all hope. Maybe someone dismantled and sold it. It's strange that it disappeared so quickly. What I'm most curious about is what happened after the connection was lost. If it had stayed in place, I would have still been able to see it in the air when I reached the last recorded location. 52% battery would have been enough for that. However, when I went to that spot and looked up, there was nothing there in the name of the drone.🥺

What I'm most curious about is what happened after the connection was lost.

The recorded flight data doesn't show any signal loss.
It shows that the phone/tablet was no longer connected to the controller.
You can pull out the cable anytime while flying and the drone is still completely controllable.
If you didn't make any joystick input, the drone would have hovered where it was until the battery ran down enough to trigger a low battery RTH.

The recorded flight data doesn't show any signal loss.
It shows that the phone/tablet was no longer connected to the controller.
You can pull out the cable anytime while flying and the drone is still completely controllable.
If you didn't make any joystick input, the drone would have hovered where it was until the battery ran down enough to trigger a low battery RTH.

I understood what you said. Let's say I got excited when the screen went black and made some unconscious joystick inputs. For example, the drone moved to a different location from where it was originally positioned, about 100 meters away. However, there was no signal loss, only the screen blackout. Why didn't the command for Return-to-Home (RTH) work when I selected it on the remote controller?

Is the reason why the flight log didn't continue after 11:13, when the screen went black, due to the lack of connection between the remote controller and the mobile device?

I understood what you said. Let's say I got excited when the screen went black and made some unconscious joystick inputs. For example, the drone moved to a different location from where it was originally positioned, about 100 meters away.
The same as above.
The drone should have returned to heme when low battery initiated.
Why didn't the command for Return-to-Home (RTH) work when I selected it on the remote controller?
I can't tell without data.
Is the reason why the flight log didn't continue after 11:13, when the screen went black, due to the lack of connection between the remote controller and the mobile device?
The DJI app running on the phone or tablet needs to get the data received by the controller to be able to record anything.
No connection to controller = no more data recording.

If it is already in RTH, and RTH button is pressed does this cancel it?

If your mobile device is not connected, does the remote have any indications of you being connected?

Rod ..

I understood now. This drone should now be out of my life 🤭 I am infinitely grateful to all forum members, both present and absent, who contributed. Also, I apologize if I overwhelmed you with my questions; I am grateful for your patience. I joined your community for a while. For any violations of the rules during this time, please forgive me and attribute it to my excitement. I wish everyone safe and enjoyable flights. Greetings from Istanbul. Thank you for being here. Stay well, everyone. 👋🏻🌺

Reactions: Meta4 and RodPad
Most of just want to help and learn, I always like these to see what happened, I have had a few and know I will again.

Problem is I won't need to ask for help, I will already know what I did wrong. :rolleyes: Thumbswayup👌

Rod ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian