DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regarding the sudden disappearance of the Air 2s during flight

cagdasdas

Reactions
On June 25, 2023, I flew my drone for a planned shoot. It was flying at a height of 72 meters and about 350 meters away when, after exactly 11 minutes, I lost connection. The remote control screen suddenly went black, and a message appeared saying "remote control not connected to the device." Initially, I thought it would return within the first ten seconds, but it didn't. I tried moving to a higher location to regain signal, but then I realized that all 28 GPS satellites were still active. At that moment, I understood that the issue wasn't signal loss. I intended to go to the last known location of my drone, the Total Gas Station, and activate the "find my drone" feature, but I noticed that the "turn on lights and alarm" tab was inactive. When I tried to press it, I received a message saying "connection to the vehicle required." Why would I need to turn on the lights and alarm if the vehicle was connected? I didn't question this absurdity at the time. The day was over, and I had to return home.

In the following days, including July 1st, I searched everywhere, both on the ground and with another drone, looking on rooftops, trees, chimneys, basically everywhere, but I couldn't find my drone. On the day it went missing, I contacted Dji support. The next day, they asked for the vehicle's serial number. They informed me that my warranty expired in April 2023. They said I needed to pay $35 for a technical analysis, and even if I was right, they wouldn't be able to provide a replacement or anything similar. They mentioned that this analysis would only serve as technical information for me.

They offered me a 15% discount for my new drone as a gesture of goodwill.

Later, I wrote a post on a Facebook group I had joined in the past, explaining the situation. Fortunately, a user there mentioned the existence of a website that had the equipment to determine the real-time location of my drone. This made me very happy. If you can help me with the steps I should take, I would be thrilled. Thank you to everyone who patiently read this far.

On June 25, 2023, I flew my drone for a planned shoot. It was flying at a height of 72 meters and about 350 meters away when, after exactly 11 minutes, I lost connection. The remote control screen suddenly went black, and a message appeared saying "remote control not connected to the device." Initially, I thought it would return within the first ten seconds, but it didn't. I tried moving to a higher location to regain signal, but then I realized that all 28 GPS satellites were still active. At that moment, I understood that the issue wasn't signal loss. I intended to go to the last known location of my drone, the Total Gas Station, and activate the "find my drone" feature, but I noticed that the "turn on lights and alarm" tab was inactive. When I tried to press it, I received a message saying "connection to the vehicle required." Why would I need to turn on the lights and alarm if the vehicle was connected? I didn't question this absurdity at the time. The day was over, and I had to return home.
To get an idea of what actually happened or at least to eliminate some possibilities you should post your flight data.
Perhaps it will help identify a search area.
You'll get a better explanation than DJI would ever give and there's no charge.

1. Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
or
2. Just post the .txt file here
or
3. If you use Airdata, you can view the flight data on Airdata and post a link for the Airdata report

Reactions: RodPad
I tried moving to a higher location to regain signal, but then I realized that all 28 GPS satellites were still active. At that moment, I understood that the issue wasn't signal loss.
GPS and control signal are completely separate.
Having GPS reception doesn't mean that the issue wasn't signal loss.
Obviously you did lose signal, but that may be because the drone crashed or lost power.

I intended to go to the last known location of my drone
The last recorded location isn't necessarily where the drone ended up.
The data will show whether the drone was still in flight or coming down.

GPS and control signal are completely separate.
Having GPS reception doesn't mean that the issue wasn't signal loss.
Obviously you did lose signal, but that may be because the drone crashed or lost power.

The last recorded location isn't necessarily where the drone ended up.
The data will show whether the drone was still in flight or coming down.
Beat me to it :)

Hope you can help. Thanks, and appreciate all you do!

...after exactly 11 minutes, I lost connection. The remote control screen suddenly went black, and a message appeared saying "remote control not connected to the device."
You have 2 similar types of messages with very different meaning...

1. RC not connected to mobile device
2. Aircraft not connected to RC

Means that your mobile device have lost connection with the RC, for instance due to that the USB cable have come lose or that the DJI Fly app have crashed. When this happens you still have a connection between the RC & the drone & can maneuver it with the sticks and command RTH with the hardware button on the RC.

2. Means that your RC have lost connection with the drone, manoeuvring the drone is no longer possible & you can't manually command RTH. The drone will instead initiate the failsafe action which default is RTH but can also be set to Hover or Land.

In both cases the drone have lost connection with the mobile device, which will prevent further flight log recording (this as the log information is streamed down from the drone & via the RC gets recorded/saved in your mobile device). So I wouldn't have high hopes for any useful last coordinate in the existing flight log unfortunately... but share it with us anyway, maybe we can get some clues from it.

If you recall the message correctly... it's most similar to the 1. message above. This means that you still had RC connection with the drone but failed to understand that. In this case you mainly left your drone hovering where it was when the screen went "black". The drone would there continue to deplete the battery until the "low battery RTH" was initiated automatically... from there it would have tried to return to the recorded HP.

Did you look for your drone around the recorded home point?

Gerçekte ne olduğu hakkında bir fikir edinmek veya en azından bazı olasılıkları ortadan kaldırmak için uçuş verilerinizi göndermelisiniz.
Belki bir arama alanını belirlemeye yardımcı olur.
DJI'ın verebileceğinden daha iyi bir açıklama alacaksınız ve hiçbir ücret ödemeden.

1. DJI Flight Log Viewer'a gidin | Hayalet Yardım
Uçuş kaydınızı telefonunuzdan veya tabletinizden yüklemek için oradaki talimatları izleyin.
Bu size uçuş verileri hakkında ayrıntılı bir rapor verecektir.
Geri dönün ve sağladığı rapora bir bağlantı gönderin; birisi raporu analiz edip size olayın nedenini anlayabilir.
veya
2. .txt dosyasını buraya göndermeniz yeterli
veya
3. Airdata kullanıyorsanız, uçuş verilerini Airdata'da görüntüleyebilir ve Airdata raporu için bir bağlantı gönderebilirsiniz.

You have 2 similar types of messages with very different meaning...

1. RC not connected to mobile device
2. Aircraft not connected to RC

Means that your mobile device have lost connection with the RC, for instance due to that the USB cable have come lose or that the DJI Fly app have crashed. When this happens you still have a connection between the RC & the drone & can maneuver it with the sticks and command RTH with the hardware button on the RC.

2. Means that your RC have lost connection with the drone, manoeuvring the drone is no longer possible & you can't manually command RTH. The drone will instead initiate the failsafe action which default is RTH but can also be set to Hover or Land.

In both cases the drone have lost connection with the mobile device, which will prevent further flight log recording (this as the log information is streamed down from the drone & via the RC gets recorded/saved in your mobile device). So I wouldn't have high hopes for any useful last coordinate in the existing flight log unfortunately... but share it with us anyway, maybe we can get some clues from it.

If you recall the message correctly... it's most similar to the 1. message above. This means that you still had RC connection with the drone but failed to understand that. In this case you mainly left your drone hovering where it was when the screen went "black". The drone would there continue to deplete the battery until the "low battery RTH" was initiated automatically... from there it would have tried to return to the recorded HP.

Did you look for your drone around the recorded home point?
I waited with the hope that it would automatically return home when the connection was lost, but it didn't happen. Later, I pressed the "return home" button on the remote control and waited. If it had ascended to 110m and traveled 350m horizontally to reach the home point in 72m, it would have taken less than 5 minutes. I didn't leave the home point because I considered that possibility. I looked carefully one last time towards the sky and quickly ran towards the last known position. It was already 350m away, and I would reach the final position in 2 minutes. The location indicated the exit of a gas station. I asked the attendant, but they said they hadn't seen any drone landing. I was sure that if it had really landed there, the staff there would have definitely seen it because the distance was less than 10m.

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry this is your first thread.

Everybody that's wants to give you the real help. Wants what ever data you can find.

I watch these all the time, just to learn. I have had my share. :rolleyes:

These guys well help you find the data!

I be waiting. :)👌

Rod..

Later, I wrote a post on a Facebook group I had joined in the past, explaining the situation. Fortunately, a user there mentioned the existence of a website that had the equipment to determine the real-time location of my drone. This made me very happy. If you can help me with the steps I should take, I would be thrilled.
If you can post your flight data, there are people here who can help.
But without the data, there's nothing more that can be done.

In the following days, including July 1st, I searched everywhere, both on the ground and with another drone, looking on rooftops, trees, chimneys, basically everywhere, but I couldn't find my drone. On the day it went missing, I contacted Dji support. The next day, they asked for the vehicle's serial number. They informed me that my warranty expired in April 2023. They said I needed to pay $35 for a technical analysis, and even if I was right, they wouldn't be able to provide a replacement or anything similar. They mentioned that this analysis would only serve as technical information for me.

They offered me a 15% discount for my new drone as a gesture of goodwill.

Later, I wrote a post on a Facebook group I had joined in the past, explaining the situation. Fortunately, a user there mentioned the existence of a website that had the equipment to determine the real-time location of my drone. This made me very happy. If you can help me with the steps I should take, I would be thrilled. Thank you to everyone who patiently read this far.
On May 26 #Meta4 helped me out with Find My Drone.
Unfortunately, I still couldn't find it.
The problem with DJI Find My Drone is that it only records the location until the Props stop rotating.
Anything after that is not on, Find My Drone.
We should do instead a Video recording and download it to the Mobile phone before we end up losing battery power. To attempt to get more of the last recorded info just in case we need to look at the surroundings.
I decided to buy a new Air 2S and the following day of purchase I had communication problems at 100 meters and 400 meters, the Drone RTH.
I carried out tests and Data updates and lastly, sent the Drone back to the Shop, it's now. Tomorrow it will be exactly 30 days. I wonder how long is this going to take! After all, it's a brand-new Drone with communication issues.

Reading the report, would it be possible of a catastrophic battery failure. This would create the sudden black screen on the controller and the drone dropping out of the sky

Reactions: Xitor
Reading the report, would it be possible of a catastrophic battery failure. This would create the sudden black screen on the controller and the drone dropping out of the sky
I'm kind of lost on your post?
This must connected to one of the op posts.

Anyways if I'm wrong, please tell me.

Bunch of us are waiting for the data.
These members are Thumbswayup 👌

Rod ..

Hello everyone! I apologize for keeping you waiting. I joined from Turkey and my English is not that good. I try to understand the texts by translating them. I am also an iPhone user and some things have become a bit complicated for me. Based on a link sent by a moderator, I installed iTunes on my computer. I have DJI Fly and DJI Mimo applications installed on my iPhone. In the past, when I used an Android device, I needed one of these records and someone from the DJI team told me that this record is located in the DJI Go folder within the files of the DJI Fly application. It was very easy for me to find it. However, when I looked through iTunes on my computer, I couldn't find any files related to DJI Go or DJI Go 4. I downloaded both of these applications from the App Store and synchronized my past flight records. It took one hour for each to complete. Now, I am looking through "Go" and "Go 4" on my computer. However, I still couldn't find a record. Or rather, there are files within the complex folders that I can find and I think they might be log records. I hope these are the correct files. I am extremely grateful to each and every one of you for your efforts and patience. I appreciate this community. Regards 🌺

Hello everyone! I apologize for keeping you waiting. I joined from Turkey and my English is not that good. I try to understand the texts by translating them. I am also an iPhone user and some things have become a bit complicated for me. Based on a link sent by a moderator, I installed iTunes on my computer. I have DJI Fly and DJI Mimo applications installed on my iPhone. In the past, when I used an Android device, I needed one of these records and someone from the DJI team told me that this record is located in the DJI Go folder within the files of the DJI Fly application. It was very easy for me to find it. However, when I looked through iTunes on my computer, I couldn't find any files related to DJI Go or DJI Go 4. I downloaded both of these applications from the App Store and synchronized my past flight records. It took one hour for each to complete. Now, I am looking through "Go" and "Go 4" on my computer. However, I still couldn't find a record. Or rather, there are files within the complex folders that I can find and I think they might be log records. I hope these are the correct files. I am extremely grateful to each and every one of you for your efforts and patience. I appreciate this community. Regards 🌺

‘As an additional note, I had uploaded those recordings. I can’t see these attachments below your last message. Can you see two attachment files below this message, or did the upload process fail?

‘As an additional note, I had uploaded those recordings. I can’t see these attachments below your last message. Can you see two attachment files below this message, or did the upload process fail?
There were no attachments to your message

I now know exactly where you getting stuck, Androids are simpler in ways, but I use iPhone for myself.

I will bring this stuff up through iTunes which sucks, Give some info with in 12 hrs. 👌

Rod ..

"Finally, I think I found it. I found it through iTunes - File Sharing - DJ GO 4 - FlightRecords path."
"I am uploading the file here, and it completes 100%. I click on send, but the attachment is not visible. When I try to browse, the RAR file doesn't appear."

"I am uploading the file here, and it completes 100%. I click on send, but the attachment is not visible. When I try to browse, the RAR file doesn't appear."
Try uploading to Google Drive and posting a link here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_