DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Register my Mavic Mini???

IamJoHo

Reactions
So I ordered a Mavic Mini and am wondering there are any good reasons to or not to put my FAA registration number that I already have on it. I haven't had a drone since 2016 but still have the number and am wondering if I should just go ahead and put it in the mini.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
So I ordered a Mavic Mini and am wondering there are any good reasons to or not to put my FAA registration number that I already have on it. I haven't had a drone since 2016 but still have the number and am wondering if I should just go ahead and put it in the mini.
If you put any accessories on your gross weight will be over 250 gms.
Your file with FAA should reflect the type and serial number of the UAV you are affixing the registration to.

Last edited:
Your registration as a hobbyist is good for all drones you own. If your other drone is registered as a 107 pilot then you would have to get a seperate registration as either a hobbyist or 107. As a hobby flyer you are registering yourself and not the drone. the registration for hobby flyer can be put on only the drones that you will fly for hobby.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Your registration as a hobbyist is good for all drones you own. If your other drone is registered as a 107 pilot then you would have to get a seperate registration as either a hobbyist or 107. As a hobby flyer you are registering yourself and not the drone. the registration for hobby flyer can be put on only the drones that you will fly for hobby.
Hi, do you mean the term “Hobby” to refer to drones under 250 gms?

No, you do not have to register your drone with the FAA if you dont add anything to it. When I refer to hobby, I am talking about pilots that just want to fly for recreation purposes only. If you plan on using that drone for business then it would have to be registered as such on the 107 side of DroneZone and have its own registration.

Thats for FAA. In Canada I have no clue if you need to or not.

I just registered my Mini so I could, legally and ethically, fly commercially - if I ever have (or create) the opportunity. I'd like this hobby to help pay for itself, but maybe that's a pipe dream. I'm prepared, should an opportunity arrive. What about you? Happy flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18