DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering a second drone with the FAA?

Reactions
Do I need to do anything else? I have had a Phantom 3 ADV. for 2 years that I registered when I got it and have the number on the drone and the ID card in my wallet. I now have the Mavic Air. Am I correct to assume that all I have to do is put that same number on my new drone or is there anything else that needs to be done?

As I understand it, for hobbyist use you can use the same original FAA number you were issued the very first time you registered, for all of your SUAS. For commercial use, you will need an actual N number for each individual aircraft. Some paperwork is involved FAA "Aircraft Registration". The fee is $5.00, and it is good for 3 years.

Happy flights
P

If you registered under Section 336 (and not Part 107), you should apply the same FAA registration number to all of your drones.

Do I need to do anything else? I have had a Phantom 3 ADV. for 2 years that I registered when I got it and have the number on the drone and the ID card in my wallet. I now have the Mavic Air. Am I correct to assume that all I have to do is put that same number on my new drone or is there anything else that needs to be done?

107's do not normally get a "N" registration, that is only for heavy weight UAV's, but if you plan on flying 107, each aircraft is individually registered, where hobbyists can register multiple sUAV's and mark them with the same number on all their aircraft.

Reactions: ksmusa
Hobby UASs, 0.55 to under 55lbs, can share FA3xxxx IDs.

Part 107 UASs, 0.55 to under 55lbs, flying inside USA airspace, use individual FA3xxxx IDs.

All others going to need N numbers, and have fun getting those,

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun