DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration of drones

MercHornet

Reactions
I was about to renew my FAA registration and I noticed it wanted me to do a knowledge test. Has anyone done this yet ? I’m wondering how many questions there are.

I was about to renew my FAA registration and I noticed it wanted me to do a knowledge test. Has anyone done this yet ? I’m wondering how many questions there are.
When/if the FAA ever get around to implementing it, someone might be able to answer your question.
So far there is no FAA knowledge test.

Reactions: Thomas B
It will be for recreational pilots mid 2020 according to the FAA page. They are still receiving feedback from the stakeholders.

Reactions: dawgpilot
It will be for recreational pilots mid 2020 according to the FAA page. They are still receiving feedback from the stakeholders.

Not sure even mid 2020 is likely at this point. It's going to be a while.

I was going to mention that. You need to agree that you've taken the test before you can register your drone. So you basically need to lie in order to fly. The FAA deadline is close... so it will probably be at least another year.

1) not like the test will change anything and
2) not like it is that difficult to make up some lame questions

Reactions: MercHornet
Just for the heck of it I renewed my recreational registration.
It says that but no, it does not make you ... yet.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure