DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registration - Quick one

Lubelaczek

Reactions
I did quick research and had no answer. Maybe I was not looking in right places.
I had my MP registered in 2017. It expires in 2020 unless I missed some latest regulations. Now my new bird M2P has to be registered separately? Please save me some time and point me where it says clearly if:
a.) each drone operated by one person has to be registered with unique number or
b.) registration is issued for operator and all his drones?

If you are flying recreationally then (b) is correct - you register with the FAA, receive one registration number, and put that on all drones that you own.

If you are flying under Part 107 then (a) is correct - each drone is individually registered and gets a unique registration number.

And just to clarify - if you register under Part 107 (which you can whether or not you are Part 107 licensed) then you can fly recreationally with the Part 107 registration numbers. It's just unnecessary to register each drone that way if you don't intend to use them for Part 107 flights.

Note that a drone must only have one registration number displayed though - if you have both a recreational registration number and a Part 107 number for a particular drone, then don't put both on it - just use the Part 107 number.

Reactions: Lubelaczek
If you are flying recreationally then (b) is correct - you register with the FAA, receive one registration number, and put that on all drones that you own.

If you are flying under Part 107 then (a) is correct - each drone is individually registered and gets a unique registration number.

Thank you. I did noticed that registration is 5$ per drone, but missed that is for 107 users. I am not ready for 107 yet...

Thank you. I did noticed that registration is 5$ per drone, but missed that is for 107 users. I am not ready for 107 yet...

The website I linked above has two options - the Section 336 (recreational) dashboard and the Part 107 dashboard. If you are not doing Part 107 then just choose the Section 336 option.

Note that a drone must only have one registration number displayed though - if you have both a recreational registration number and a Part 107 number for a particular drone, then don't put both on it - just use the Part 107 number.
What about Canadians flying in US? Looks like I would have to have two different registration numbers, one from Transport Canada and one from FAA. Is this correct?
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead