DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controler

tnpaul

Reactions
Thinking serially about getting a Mavic pro. Have noticed on B&H site that a remote and charger doesn't come with it. My question is don't you need them and is there any thing else I need to know before I take the plunge. I already have a Phantom just wanting to go with something easer to take with me.

Thinking serially about getting a Mavic pro. Have noticed on B&H site that a remote and charger doesn't come with it. My question is don't you need them and is there any thing else I need to know before I take the plunge. I already have a Phantom just wanting to go with something easer to take with me.
What you must be looking at is just the replacement bird. The Mavic Standard package comes complete with all you need to fly it with. Your might consider a Mavic Bundle which includes a total of three batteries, extra props, a storage bag, the necessary charges and power-cord, and usb connectors for the controller to the monitor you may use..

While you can fly the Mavic Pro with just a mobile device, I don't recommend it. The distance will be limited and it'll be much harder to control.

B&H also sells the Mavic Pro with a remote controller.

I have jut looked again and the Mavic Pro on B&H does not come with a controller. Now what are yo calling a Mobile device the I Phone. Are you saying you don't need the remote controller but it would fly better with it. I am very confused.

I have jut looked again and the Mavic Pro on B&H does not come with a controller. Now what are yo calling a Mobile device the I Phone. Are you saying you don't need the remote controller but it would fly better with it. I am very confused.
You can fly with Wi Fi on a mobile device, but that's not what you really want to do....the capability of the Mavic is not realized unless you use the Mavic remote. You will very very pleased with the Mavic. Using the mobile device is just for selfies at best, it is meant to fly with the full features and capabilities of the the Mavic Controller which is the way most folks buy it.

You can fly with Wi Fi on a mobile device, but that's not what you really want to do....the capability of the Mavic is not realized unless you use the Mavic remote. You will very very pleased with the Mavic. Using the mobile device is just for selfies at best, it is meant to fly with the full features and capabilities of the the Mavic Controller which is the way most folks buy it.
OK that answered that now I guess when I take the plunge I will not only need to buy a remote controller I will also need to buy a charger. Thinks for clearing it up.

OK that answered that now I guess when I take the plunge I will not only need to buy a remote controller I will also need to buy a charger. Thinks for clearing it up.
The regular Mavic package comes with everything you need to fly. Those buying the bird alone use it as a back up or a replacement for a totally lost or destroyed bird.

Both of those say no remote or charger.
Nope ~ both of them have battery and charger. In fact, they are the first two items listed on "What's in the box":

DJI Mavic Pro
What's In The Box

Remote Controller

Intelligent Flight Battery for Mavic Quadcopter

3 x 8330 Quick Release Folding Propellers for Mavic Drone

Gimbal Clamp

Charger

AC Power Cable for Charger

16GB microSD Card

Micro-USB Cable

RC Cable for Mavic Controller (Lightning)

RC Cable for Mavic Controller (Reverse Micro-USB)

2 x RC Cable Slider

Limited 12-Month Warranty on MC

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Gimbal Camera

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Vision Positioning System

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Propulsion System (Excluding Propellers)

Limited 12-Month Warranty on Remote Controller

Limited 6-Month / 200-Cycle Warranty on Battery (Whichever Comes First)

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Battery Charger

Both of those say no remote or charger.
No, they don't. They have buttons under "kit configuration" that includes the option of buying it without the controller and charger. The link above has the "standard" configuration selected.

Nope ~ both of them have battery and charger. In fact, they are the first two items listed on "What's in the box":

DJI Mavic Pro
What's In The Box

Remote Controller

Intelligent Flight Battery for Mavic Quadcopter

3 x 8330 Quick Release Folding Propellers for Mavic Drone

Gimbal Clamp

Charger

AC Power Cable for Charger

16GB microSD Card

Micro-USB Cable

RC Cable for Mavic Controller (Lightning)

RC Cable for Mavic Controller (Reverse Micro-USB)

2 x RC Cable Slider

Limited 12-Month Warranty on MC

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Gimbal Camera

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Vision Positioning System

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Propulsion System (Excluding Propellers)

Limited 12-Month Warranty on Remote Controller

Limited 6-Month / 200-Cycle Warranty on Battery (Whichever Comes First)

Limited 6-Month Warranty on Battery Charger
You have my apologize it took me for ever to see it. I was focused on something else, and got tunnel vision.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Just get a refurb mavic for 660 comes with everything and looks and works perfect

-Derek

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98