DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller connection error

jvi10

Reactions
Hi everyone,

Today while I was getting ready to fly, the camera feed on the DJI Go app froze and it displayed a message in the corner "Remote controller connection error". The RC itself seemed to still be connected to the drone and working fine. I unplugged the controller from my phone and plugged it in again, however the app still wouldn't connect. To solve the issue, powered off the RC and drone and powered them back on again. Everything seemed to be working fine for about 20 minutes, once I had finished my flight and was coming in to land I once again lost camera feed on the app and got the "Remote controller connection error" message again. I was still able to pilot the drone using VLOS and control everything normally using the RC, it was just the DJI Go app that was not working.
Unplugging and plugging my phone and even rebooting the controller didn't help, the only fix seemed to be to reboot the drone which is strange as the RC still would work fine.

Drone is a Mavic Pro Platinum purchased four days ago and phone is a Samsung S8. Drone and RC are on latest firmware, DJI Go and phone are up to date.

Any thoughts?

I would try a fresh install of the app and a new cable like Starz said.
If you did not have VLOS, would you be comfortable returning the drone with Just RC?

Same thing happened to me today when my mavic pro was RTH 600m before home point video feed cut off it says controller connection error.... It was a night flight...

Same thing happened to me today when my mavic pro was RTH 600m before home point video feed cut off it says controller connection error.... It was a night flight...
Yeah was definitely scary. I use an iPad connected with the bottom port and haven't had the issue since. Have flown a bit with android using the bottom port as well and haven't run into the issue again on that either.

I am using a Sony xzs phone on android with a type C cable that comes with the dji package connected to the side.

What cable you use for connecting it to iPad?

I am using a Sony xzs phone on android with a type C cable that comes with the dji package connected to the side.

What cable you use for connecting it to iPad?

I use the cable included with the iPad (white apple one). From what I've heard the ones DJI include which connect to the side port are dodgy and are what cause all these connection issues.

I had my first flight today on my new mv2p in beginner mode! 4 minutes into flight i had the same 'remote controller error' message come up and the screen froze. I closed the app which cause the drone to RTH though i restarted the app and it reconnected with the drone before it actually landed. Using a Samsung s9+

I had my first flight today on my new mv2p in beginner mode! 4 minutes into flight i had the same 'remote controller error' message come up and the screen froze. I closed the app which cause the drone to RTH though i restarted the app and it reconnected with the drone before it actually landed. Using a Samsung s9+

I haven't had the issue since using the bottom port of the controller, and not using the cables included with the drone that plug into the side port.

You could also try the Smart Controller (lol)

Reactions: Rob-UK
I've the same - RC wont connect to mavic 2 pro. firmware uptodate on both. tried the DJI tutorial - doesnt do what the tutorial shows. very frustrating. first flight fine - came home to extract video footage - found it was on onboard storage and not SD card - found that mavic 2 pro doesnt come with cable to link to PC!! I then found RC connection had failed. have raised a support ticket for both missing cable and unconnectability. Not great for an expensive piece of kit. had mavic pro before and never had these problems

The M2 does come with a cable to connect the AC to your PC. That long flat cable is an A to C cable, same one you might use to connect the RC bottom port to a mobile device. Along with the cable, the M2 comes with a C to micro adapter.

Hi and thanks Yes I saw that in the tutorials but mine didn’t! I also don’t have a cable to connect an apple device to the RC( usually use android but went to try an iPhone in case that worked - but the 2nd short cable that came with it, doesn’t fit the iPhone 6s). Camera view screen , on android device , just reads “remote controller connection error”. Going through the linking process , as per tutorials, results in “linking failed”

great - DJI replied ....telling me how to format my SD card!! had neither read my email nor seen the images I sent showing device screen and the "linking failed" messages. My mavic 2 might be going back! I can't use it. can't believe the reply I had. DJI do you read these forums? can you step in and support ?

update on mine: today i was prompted to carry out a firmware update on the RC.... and it now connects fine

Hi everyone,

Today while I was getting ready to fly, the camera feed on the DJI Go app froze and it displayed a message in the corner "Remote controller connection error". The RC itself seemed to still be connected to the drone and working fine. I unplugged the controller from my phone and plugged it in again, however the app still wouldn't connect. To solve the issue, powered off the RC and drone and powered them back on again. Everything seemed to be working fine for about 20 minutes, once I had finished my flight and was coming in to land I once again lost camera feed on the app and got the "Remote controller connection error" message again. I was still able to pilot the drone using VLOS and control everything normally using the RC, it was just the DJI Go app that was not working.
Unplugging and plugging my phone and even rebooting the controller didn't help, the only fix seemed to be to reboot the drone which is strange as the RC still would work fine.

Drone is a Mavic Pro Platinum purchased four days ago and phone is a Samsung S8. Drone and RC are on latest firmware, DJI Go and phone are up to date.

Any thoughts?
Thought I'd post here since that's the topic with my issue with the most replies, though most of them are OT ;-)

Anyway had the exact same problem a couple of times now with my new MPP and fortunately the RC to drone connection was OK so I hit RTH and then took over when it was close.

Seems strange that a cable could cause the RC to somehow "go bad" with a reboot required to set it straight but why not...Using the USB port in the bottom is going to require getting a 90° cable or adapter for the connection to the smartphone to not have the cable get in the way though.

Thanks and that's one more thing to buy ;-) I still find it strange that a cable could cause part of the RC to "crash". Well I suppose we should be thankful that the connection to the AC still works when that happens.

Is there any history of people who used to have that problem with the side-port who never had it again after switching to the USB port ?

Cable connection issues will be ongoing in the community just because of the variety of cables available. Cheap isn’t always best.
Backup plan means more than one in the bag.

Yes but that seems to be a bit more than a "cable issue", more like an RC issue (microUSB connector, other hardware, software). Generally when a cable is faulty the connection between two devices is flaky/absent, here we have one device basically "shutting off" and then working fine again with the same cable once you reboot it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54