DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller disconnects using PC

Sal

Reactions
When I plug into the remote controller with usb cable connected to PC it keeps making sounds of connection then disconnect. The Assistant app never recognizes the remote. In device manager it shows two unrecognized devices then they go away when it disconnects again. I’ve tried disabling device signature in W8ndows 10 startup and no change. Tried different good known cables and my other drones are recognized but not this Mavic Air RC.

This is a known issue, somehow the drivers aren't working for the RC.

Just update it via the DJI Go 4 app which will prompt you when it needs to be done

Nothing to do with drivers.

The RC starts drawing excessive current (1.5A or so) as soon as it's connected to charge its battery, and some PCs will shut the port off. Ironically it causes that problem on my beefy desktop PC with an overclocker motherboard and 1400W PSU, but my ultraportable/low power Retina Macbook sees no problem with it.

BTW this should best be in the Mavic Air section since it doesn't apply to MP.

Nothing to do with drivers.

The RC starts drawing excessive current (1.5A or so) as soon as it's connected to charge its battery, and some PCs will shut the port off. Ironically it causes that problem on my beefy desktop PC with an overclocker motherboard and 1400W PSU, but my ultraportable/low power Retina Macbook sees no problem with it.

BTW this should best be in the Mavic Air section since it doesn't apply to MP.

Thanks for that , must be something in the design of the MA RC, the other controllers I have for the MP and MPP don't have an issue

On the dealer's computer, yes... as mentioned it works on some and not on others.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ