DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote record audio with video. Can this be done?

The usual way to do this is to record the audio separately (use your phone or camcorder or a dedicated recorder like the Zoom series) and then merge that with the video in post. The merging operation is called "multiplexing" and with the right application can be done without re-encoding (i.e., degrading) the video, and without requiring much time or computing horsepower.

I suggested this above too, but there are times when a wireless mic can be useful for many situations (moving subject, etc.)

I have not done it, but my understanding is that Go 4 will record the audio from your phone/tablet mic and sync it to the video cached on your phone/tablet.
View attachment 75817
Correct. My system recorded the conversation I was having with a game warden at a private reserve in South Africa recently as we observed the live video feed on my tablet & he advised me on what route to follow to avoid flying over adjacent property as I piloted my Mavic to get views of a nearby river and aerial shots of our safari lodge! And later while videoing the bay at Arniston on the South coast, a conversation with an interested South African bystander who, fascinated by my drone, approached me while it recorded our conversation, such that he speculated if his wife would buy him one for Fathers' Day!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000