DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remove film protector inside the camera mavic 2 pro

cosminbanaurs

Reactions
Hello,

I'm trying to remove the film protector inside the mavic 2 pro camera. I've been trying for 2 hours without success. some advice?

I don't understand why the DJ does things so complicated...

Thanks for your help.

IMG_20200425_164142_269.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: dirkclod
Oh my . . . I did a little gasp at that one. sar104 is right, might have been a smudge or mark that you mistook for film. Put a drop of lens cleaner or water on a clean microfiber cloth, and gently wipe the lens. If you used anything mechanical (knife edge etc) to remove what you thought was film, I'm afraid it's a goner - - though it might be possible to send the camera and gimbal to DJI for repair. A new cam/gimbal is available as a replacement part and isn't too difficult to install - though not cheap.

OMG that sunk my heart.maybe some plastic cleaner or a headlight restoration kit might fix it

if it is trashed then theres no harm in trying. If the lens is plastic I would take a dremal and some super fine abrasive on the buffing wheel. plastic can fixed and cleaned up if done right. anyway like I said whats the harm in trying. If it doesn't work so what he has to replace it. On the brighter side hey it might work.

Assuming the lens is plastic (and that's a real possibility, as acrylic has better light transmittal than glass), there's still the lens coatings that are probably damaged, stuff like anti-reflective etc.

Clean it with a lens cleaner (or a drop of water) only, to see what you have there - scratches or smudges, as a first non-intrusive step. If it's scratched, then to remove those scratches, means actually removing lens material down to or below the depth of the scratches (that's how polishing acrylic or similar plastic works), any lens coating will be history.

It really looked like a protective film. I feel so stupid... Now I am sending everything to DJI assistance. How much do you think it costs to replace glass?

did you have refresh? cost to ship to and from, repairs $$$$$$$ I would still try the repair firs and clear coat if it works. no harm in trying

I have the refresh but I don't think it cover this problem. I prefer to ship it back. Hope I don't need to change the gymbal camera but only the lens...

did you have refresh? cost to ship to and from, repairs $$$$$$$ I would still try the repair firs and clear coat if it works. no harm in trying

There is absolutely no way to restore an optically viable surface on a damaged lens coating. It's a complete waste of time even trying.

There is no protective film inside the camera - that looks like the lens coating that you are attempting to scrape off. Now that you have destroyed the lens you need to replace the camera.
No way to pay only the lens? They will ask me the price for the camera o.o ... it's $700

Reactions: lensimages
Do you think they will ask me to pay the gymbal camera in full price or only the lens? Because the price for the mavic 2 pro camera is $700...
No way to pay only the lens? They will ask me the price for the camera o.o ... it's $700

I don't think that the lens assembly is even a replaceable part but, in any case, they will quote you for a new camera. If you have the refresh deal then I would definitely recommend using it.

Reactions: Gindra
The quoted price for the camera is this.

Found on the official DJI website. So the price is not $700 but $116.

20200425_221248.jpg

Here is $700 I don't understand. Can you help me? Thank you very much.

20200425_221528.jpg

Let’s just say for arguments sake that was a protective film why would you feel you need to remove that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh