DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

removing height limitation

merk

Reactions
I've google this and all the solutions seem to point to using an older version of the dji assistant app (1.1.2) and i think maybe an older version of the firmware as well. Is there any way to go above 400 ft using the latest mavic firmware and assistant 1.1.6? If i need to use 1.1.2 just to remove the height restriction I'll install a copy of the older one. But i don't want to mess around with the mavic's firmware.

Why would anyone want to fly over 400ft. The mavic is too hard to see. Not to mention it's also against FAA rules. Quit posting these questions, it only draws attention that we don't want.

For one not everyone lives in a city, I live here in Alaska where the mountains are sometimes 6000 ft high from where I take off. You can bet it’s safe to summit them with a mavic:

I've google this and all the solutions seem to point to using an older version of the dji assistant app (1.1.2) and i think maybe an older version of the firmware as well. Is there any way to go above 400 ft using the latest mavic firmware and assistant 1.1.6? If i need to use 1.1.2 just to remove the height restriction I'll install a copy of the older one. But i don't want to mess around with the mavic's firmware.
Unless things have changed, Go 4 allows you to go up to 500 m (1640 ft). When you change the max height setting it requires you to read some notice then move on. The 500 m is a set ceiling that is in the firmware and cannot be changed without hacking. All numbers are relative to your home point and start at zero, they are not based on actual altitude. That is why it is referred to as height.

I read another thread here where the 500 m limit was because that was the highest the battery could take it under average conditions and have enough power remaining to control the landing.

I read another thread here where the 500 m limit was because that was the highest the battery could take it under average conditions and have enough power remaining to control the landing.

No. It's the highest altitude ATOP that allows Mavic to do critical battery (10%) landing from at default max 3m/s before it drops from the sky and hits the pidiot on the head. :D

For one not everyone lives in a city, I live here in Alaska where the mountains are sometimes 6000 ft high from where I take off. You can bet it’s safe to summit them with a mavic:
Understood, I also live at 5000ft, my only real point is that we should not discuss flights over 400ft AGL.

Reactions: julius13
Why would anyone want to fly over 400ft. The mavic is too hard to see. Not to mention it's also against FAA rules. Quit posting these questions, it only draws attention that we don't want.

It's not against FAA rules for hobby flight. Those other threads also point that out.

Reactions: lrsn and lweekspors

OMG not another drone Police person
Why don’t you try and use your tiny little brain and say something interesting or positive, it would make reading your posts a little bit less boring.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000