DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Renew DJI care refresh?

Kupe

Reactions
Hey gang-

Got an email today from DJI offering to let me renew my DJI Care Refresh for one year. Includes one replacement for $79 for a year. I never needed a replacement this first year (knock wood). Are most Mavic Air users renewing if possible?

Thanks!

Are most Mavic Air users renewing if possible?
DJI Care Refresh expires after one year or after two replacements have been requested. Up until the point where the DJI Care Refresh policy expires, anyone can extend it for another year by purchasing DJI Care Refresh +. With the purchase of DJI Care Refresh +, the DJI Warranty is extended for one more year and an extra replacement is added to the DJI Care Refresh policy.

Hey gang-

Got an email today from DJI offering to let me renew my DJI Care Refresh for one year. Includes one replacement for $79 for a year. I never needed a replacement this first year (knock wood). Are most Mavic Air users renewing if possible?

Thanks!
Can’t speak as a MM owner as I’m not... but I did the Refresh on all my drones (Spark, MPP, M2P) as the cost of all original policies and the Refresh was covered by the replacement of my MPP early on... you never know.

Reactions: Capt KO and Kupe
Never had CR before my MM. Got the + too. Haven’t needed yet but will. As long as my arms don’t give out swimming for the bobber on the retrieval line. Glad I have that too. Mini is not waterproof but Care Refresh is. CR too cheap to pass up, for me. Knew where I would be flying, unsafe for drones.

Hey gang-

Thanks!
I opted to renew for one year after my initial year of being on the program with the knowledge that I’ll have only one replacement if failure is due to the drone. But, I didn’t mind paying $99 on my expiring original DJI Care Refresh program for a replacement drone when the crash was due to pilot error. Despite your good fortune having no crashes, I’d say go for it.

Just a handy hint.
If you’ve used two replacements, then you can’t extend.

Eg, say you borrow your brother’s drone (A), crash it’s into a soccer net and break the gimbal, get it replaced with a new drone with new serial number (B), then also, umm, dunk it in a lake while filming your daughter wakeboarding and get it replaced (C), DJI Care is not available on drone C. The serial numbers apparently are daisy chained, and a new activation code will not be accepted against drone C.

I may or may not have had personal experience with a very similar scenario over the past year. (Ahem, brought my brother a new drone btw... and Refresh for that new unit)

Reactions: Brassman
Any suggestions on a repair plan for a 2 year old Mavic Pro? I have never had any crashes, but I like knowing I have a plan if I do crash.

I bought DJI Care Refresh+ for the second year. I just tried to renew it and it would not allow me to renew. I talked to someone at the DJI store and he said they only do the DJI Care Refresh+ for 2 years because of availability of parts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB