DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacement lens cover for M3?

lomposlapos

Reactions
Where can I buy a replacement for the original DJI Mavic 3 lens cover? Want to use it as a spare in case the lens cover on the gimbal gets damaged during a long trip. If DJI does not sell it separately, what is the best alternative?

DJI doesn't sell replacements in their store. You could really use any UV filter though (like this PGYTECH UV filter).

Freewell UV Camera Filter for DJI Mavic 3/Mavic 3 Cine

The closest thing I found.

I think the OP is referring to the wrap around full bra-like harness that also protects the props, gimbal and lens.
I think I'm on the right track as he did confirm in post #3.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks G Guy. I never heard of it and no such thing came with my new M3. Unless it is simply the front part of the camera. Never knew it was removable!
All DJI cameras come with a removable UV filter over the actual lens. Some are more easily removed than others. It protects the actual lens from being scratched by debris and grit during take off and landing. The lens filter is then easily replaceable, should it ever become scratched. It's also a place holder for any other filter or lens that can be attached in place of the UV filter.

Reactions: JeffreyS
All DJI cameras come with a removable UV filter over the actual lens. Some are more easily removed than others. It protects the actual lens from being scratched by debris and grit during take off and landing. The lens filter is then easily replaceable, should it ever become scratched. It's also a place holder for any other filter or lens that can be attached in place of the UV filter.
I have had several other models and the mavic 3 has been the only one with glass so far. Air 2, Air 2S, the Mini series I had all 3. Each of those had just the ring around the outside with no glass installed. UV filter was the recommendation if you wanted to protect your lens without having to use an ND filter.

Each of those had just the ring around the outside with no glass installed
Yep, that's a common trend for DJI's consumer drones.

I have had several other models and the mavic 3 has been the only one with glass so far. Air 2, Air 2S, the Mini series I had all 3. Each of those had just the ring around the outside with no glass installed. UV filter was the recommendation if you wanted to protect your lens without having to use an ND filter.
Thanks for the correction. I naively assumed they all came with a UV filter, because all mine have: P3P, P4, P4P, Mavic Pro, M2P, and Mavic 3. It appears the cheaper drones now don't include one. .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura