DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacing Lost Drone?

Desert Sky

Reactions
Three days ago I flew my Air 2 out over a deep canyon. Three minutes out, it fell out of clear airspace into the canyon. Obviously a mechanical, software, or firmware problem. Unfortunately the Find My Drone function failed, showing the drone 5 miles away and nowhere near where I was flying. We searched the canyon with no success.

I have DJI Care Refresh insurance, but they want to have the drone in their hands before replacing it. Has anyone had experience replacing a lost drone? How does DJI handle this situation? Any help will be appreciated.

Three days ago I flew my Air 2 out over a deep canyon. Three minutes out, it fell out of clear airspace into the canyon. Obviously a mechanical, software, or firmware problem. Unfortunately the Find My Drone function failed, showing the drone 5 miles away and nowhere near where I was flying. We searched the canyon with no success.

I have DJI Care Refresh insurance, but they want to have the drone in their hands before replacing it. Has anyone had experience replacing a lost drone? How does DJI handle this situation? Any help will be appreciated.
With DJI Care Refresh it is handled exactly as you just mentioned. It is clearly stated in the contract that you must return the drone (or all of the pieces) in order for them to replace it.

If it is still under the original 1 year warranty AND the flight logs can clearly and unequivocally confirm a manufacturer's defect then they would replace it under warranty. That is a tough task though. You can post your flight logs here and one of he experts will examine them to see if anything stands out.

Hey man , sorry for your loss. I know the feeling .Lost my MA 2 a few weeks back too (see last few secs of video below)
I showed DJI the footage and they said it was my own fault , which it was , got distracted by passers by , but asked them could they sell me just a drone , no controller , no batteries , even a recondition one at a discount but no joy . Sucks big time as I had full unclaimed refresh on it . So ended up buying a third one (started 2019 with the mavic air).
But anyways long story short , footage or even photos of a unrecoverable drone are of no use , you have to have the drone or what's left of it to claim a refresh

Reactions: bigswifty
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98