DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replying to threads; over or under the OP?

Former Member

Reactions
Sine the site has been updated, it seems the replies are appearing above the OP that I am replying to. Im trying to figure out which is easier to read when someone replies to a thread... when their response is above or below the OP?

Sine the site has been updated, it seems the replies are appearing above the OP that I am replying to. Im trying to figure out which is easier to read when someone replies to a thread... when their response is above or below the OP?

This text was typed in below your quoted text.

I think it is easier to read when the quoted text is about the response.

I agree. It seems like when I reply lately, sometimes quoted text is below the response, like this.

Can you move the cursor so it is below the quoted text before you type your reply?

Reactions: Former Member
Is how you do it and is better so others know whom you are addressing .Thumbswayup

Highlight below the lower line of my reply above for a secret.
Thats cool !!Glad you showed me that as it's no telling what I have been called :-(

Reactions: Former Member
Did you read the secret message? It explains it.

Funny Story time (pull up a chair kids and get some popcorn "its fresh").

I used to manage an IT department years ago and there were always communication emails that were sent out by the Director of the IT department that were meant to be inspirational and expressing gratitude. The majority of the employee's viewed these email messages and gave them a scan or cursory look. There were more important issues of the day to work on.

There was always one guy in the IT department that always responded to these emails from the top brass and he replied to ALL. Well this meant a large pool of people would be responded to and copied on these emails. In the body of the text he would reply with super sweet and syrupy comments thanking the upper management for all they do and for appreciating our hard efforts, etc.

Everyone just wrote him off as a kiss *** or brown nosing bootlicker.

One day I noticed that there was an inordinate amount of space below his reply and decided to highlight it. Turns out he had written some of the most vile and profane comments under the main text of the message . He had changed the color of the font to WHITE so that it was unseen unless highlighted.

I wondered if he had done this in all of his replies in the past. I had saved them in a folder named brown noser (dont know why?) . I checked and every single reply email that he sent and copied a large number of people including the CEO and COO all had this trick in the lower "footer" area of the emails.

I submitted my findings to my manager and he gave me the green light to 86 the guy. Security and I walked him to the door after he collected his belongings and one of the last things I said to him was " I need to give you a 10 for being ingenious , but give you a zero in life skills"

He turned and just smirked.

Strangely, those are the people you remember in life.

Did you read the secret message? It explains it.

Funny Story time (pull up a chair kids and get some popcorn "its fresh").

I used to manage an IT department years ago and there were always communication emails that were sent out by the Director of the IT department that were meant to be inspirational and expressing gratitude. The majority of the employee's viewed these email messages and gave them a scan or cursory look. There were more important issues of the day to work on.

There was always one guy in the IT department that always responded to these emails from the top brass and he replied to ALL. Well this meant a large pool of people would be responded to and copied on these emails. In the body of the text he would reply with super sweet and syrupy comments thanking the upper management for all they do and for appreciating our hard efforts, etc.

Everyone just wrote him off as a kiss *** or brown nosing bootlicker.

One day I noticed that there was an inordinate amount of space below his reply and decided to highlight it. Turns out he had written some of the most vile and profane comments under the main text of the message . He had changed the color of the font to WHITE so that it was unseen unless highlighted.

I wondered if he had done this in all of his replies in the past. I had saved them in a folder named brown noser (dont know why?) . I checked and every single reply email that he sent and copied a large number of people including the CEO and COO all had this trick in the lower "footer" area of the emails.

I submitted my findings to my manager and he gave me the green light to 86 the guy. Security and I walked him to the door after he collected his belongings and one of the last things I said to him was " I need to give you a 10 for being ingenious , but give you a zero in life skills"

He turned and just smirked.

Strangely, those are the people you remember in life.
Did his name happen to be Dwight Schrute? [emoji16]

I worked for London underground for a few years
Had ten of thousands of employees contractors etc on its email system. A station assistant had a complaint
Sent it to "All" and it crashed the system for a couple of days. When it came back up several had replied to All. Down went the sysyem again. After that there was a limit placed on All emails.

Dwight Schrute ! LOL! Pondering retrospectively I do see many similarities.

The company I worked for had to do the same thing as the London Underground mentioned above. We enacted a server level policy that determined if a reply was directed at over x<variable> number of people disallow it from being sent to all recipients and bounce the email back to the sender with a message.

It was a source of frustration at first with our server team as they did not immediately know how to create such a policy from a server perspective. They finally purchased an add on extension that allowed this functionality.

It was always a source of embarrassment when one of the IT group was flagged for replying to ALL as they should know better. It was super fun to chide them about making that mistake though. Good Times, Good Times!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue