DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Report of "disappearing" Mavic Pro 2

You better find that drone! Do you know how much a disappearing drone would be worth? More likely it was grabbed by a time traveler as a classic toys to sell on some futuristic eBay site.

Why start another thread??
Best I can see in it a staff member closed it so he started this one
You better find that drone! Do you know how much a disappearing drone would be worth? More likely it was grabbed by a time traveler as a classic toys to sell on some futuristic eBay site.
tumblr_n599rfk8oo1qz4sowo1_500.gif Nope I don't think so .
Let's stay on topic shall we .

Come on guys lets stay on topic and not trash the OP's thread . ;)

All the other explanations aside as to the cause, my first thought is with such a small area and short distance from the Home Point, he SHOULD have had VLOS and SHOULD have been able to SEE the Mavic, so he SHOULD have seen it when connection was lost. If not what was he watching at the time. If it was his monitor, then as soon as he lost connect, he SHOULD have looked up and seen the Mavic and where it dropped or where it went from that point in the sky.

Not trying to start and argument, just stating what my first thoughts.

Reactions: SharpSkyFilms
All the other explanations aside as to the cause, my first thought is with such a small area and short distance from the Home Point, he SHOULD have had VLOS and SHOULD have been able to SEE the Mavic, so he SHOULD have seen it when connection was lost. If not what was he watching at the time. If it was his monitor, then as soon as he lost connect, he SHOULD have looked up and seen the Mavic and where it dropped or where it went from that point in the sky.

Not trying to start and argument, just stating what my first thoughts.
Ones Back were turned when it was hovering at last point, dear fellow!
quoted in a reply somewhere by OP

Well that does happen and have stood under one of my Phantoms that had a tracker on it looking for I know was a hour before I did see it and was in a cedar tree .Had just about to have gave up and moved and caught just a bit of white 10' above me which a mavic I would have never saw but was there.
Never give up.

The magnetic field around these transmission lines is huge. I was an Electronics Tech with the Railroad and when these power lines parallel the tracks, as is often the case because they love our uninterrupted right of ways, the rails (laying there on the ground) will couple with the power line and we regularly see 200 ~ 300vac on the tracks. That drives all the stuff nuts that we are "transmitting" down the rails for the train signals and crossing lights to work. A bad insulator on a pole real close, can just burn stuff down in my bungalow. A ground fault at a substation smoked four miles of my stuff once. When you open the bungalow and are greeted with the smell of burnt bakelit, you know it's going to be a long night. Our old analog stuff could stand up to it but when it all went micro processor, we had to start Farraday caging everything. Considering all that, I wouldn't go within a couple hundred feet of a transmission line.

Last edited:
The magnetic field around these transmission lines is huge. I was an Electronics Tech with the Railroad and when these power lines parallel the tracks, as is often the case because they love our uninterrupted right of ways, the rails (laying there on the ground) will couple with the power line and we regularly see 200 ~ 300vac on the tracks. That drives all the stuff nuts that we are "transmitting" down the rails for the train signals and crossing lights to work. A bad insulator on a pole real close, can just burn stuff down in my bungalow. A ground fault at a substation smoked four miles of my stuff once. When you open the bungalow and are greeted with the smell of burnt backlit, you know it's going to be a long night. Our old analog stuff could stand up to it but when it all went micro processor, we had to start Farraday caging everything. Considering all that, I wouldn't go within a couple hundred feet of a transmission line.

The magnetic field is not that large, because it is purely a function of current, not voltage, and falls off inversely with distance. Additionally, the field is alternating, and so in the steady field that the aircraft is measuring it averages out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute