DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Rescue Boat Departing Gibsons Harbour

Robert Prior

Reactions
Frame grab from a video I was making for one of the crew…

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 11.40.56 AM.png
If I'd been thinking clearly I'd have take a panorama, but I was focused on shooting a decent video (I'm not good at video) and didn't think of that until I was most of the way back to land. Which bothers me, because 360° panoramas are what I shoot almost without thinking. 😖

Looking northwest along Shoal Channel in Howe Sound.

Frame grab from a video I was making for one of the crew…

View attachment 164488
If I'd been thinking clearly I'd have take a panorama, but I was focused on shooting a decent video (I'm not good at video) and didn't think of that until I was most of the way back to land. Which bothers me, because 360° panoramas are what I shoot almost without thinking. 😖

Looking northwest along Shoal Channel in Howe Sound.
Well the photo is superb. Wish we could see the video
The crew and all... Nice job nonetheless.

Well the photo is superb. Wish we could see the video
The crew and all... Nice job nonetheless.
I'll eventually get the video up but I'm on the road so can't do any editing for a while.

If I was more mobile I'd have been closer to the boathouse where they launched from and got a better close-in shot, but I tore a ligament last year and wasn't able to scramble across the rocks to the best launch point. Which means I was flying high to ensure that I didn't run into a mast or tree.

Maybe next trip I'll be able to launch from the breakwater and get that crane shot I wanted :-/

• Wow
Reactions: @Rip