DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restricted GEO zone warning after takeoff and during landing

miker570

Reactions
I have never seen this before and I am not in a restricted zone, but this warning is preventing me from seeing the screen while trying to land. What does MIN vs DET mean? Looks like a Twins vs Tigers baseball matchup.

The warning cannot be cleared but if I hit the home button and reopen DJI Fly it goes away, but comes back in a few minutes.

The twins baseball field is more than 20 miles away and there are no games. What’s going on here?

67f90b0c834b809211103162a4cd0a5a.jpg

Have you tried reflashing? ... Maybe contact DJI since you have excellent documentation to show them.

There is in fact a temporary restricted zone over Target Field where the twins baseball team plays. They must not have canceled the game schedule in the GEO database due to the whole baseball schedule being on hold. Not sure why it impacts me so far away. My GPS signal was good and compass was calibrated and no warnings before takeoff.

f24af46c4e2db12f2a18e034f9f9b71b.jpg

1f322991722910fe7a5bba8633d3870f.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll just wait for the game to end, hope it doesn’t go into extra innings [emoji1]

I did contact DJI support and they are only providing support on weekdays during business hours. I will send them an email with these attachments.

There was a MIN vs DET game scheduled for today.

2870f4e1a7f483613542d38160d611d7.jpg

Last edited:
Kind of a silly setup but you gotta touch that little circle when that screen pops up, not sure if you tried that or not. The good news is the Twins won! ?

Yeah and the Twins are still tied for 1st place!

I tried touching the entire screen and could not dismiss that pop up but fortunately hitting the iPad home button and quickly reopening the app made it go away. I recently had a fly safe firmware update, it seems to have introduce a few bugs.

It’s not very safe when the pop up freezes the screen and you can’t see where you are going.

Kind of a silly setup but you gotta touch that little circle when that screen pops up
Any chance of highlighting what you mean by "that little circle". I see the "Confirm" button on his screenshot (and screen capture video), but not sure what you mean by "little circle". Thanks.

Reactions: Jetdriver100
Go to the FAA NOTAMS and see if the TFR has been cancelled. More acurate than your app.

How is this helpful when the warning happens during RTH and locks up your screen with no obvious way to dismiss it? There are no baseball games, Target field is about 30 miles away, no reason for a TFR. The last Flysafe update introduced bugs, and I’m not the only one getting these strange warnings.

I got another Warning today for a Twins vs Tigers baseball game when there are no professional sports of any kind being played, regardless of what the season schedule was supposed to be. And again the TFR would be in downtown Minneapolis. Nowhere near me, See the H on the map.

57206d6c2275e5f96fff6425483cd06c.jpg

f517e85fde7954ce0940889dc2b599ec.jpg

This very thing happened to me while flying at the 3M Club RC Flyers AMA field. MN vs. CWS. Most problematic is that the screen popped up while in flight. RTH worked fine. Screen was otherwise unresponsive using iPad Pro 10.5 (iOS 14.7.1). How does this get resolved?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman