DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Failsafe Behavior in Enhanced Warning Zone with Mavic Air 2 - will it force land?

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I'm in an enhanced warning zone now, I want to fly, according to airmap I'm allowed to fly, I'm on the edge of the zone anyway.
I found some people saying that if you're in an enhanced warning zone and the drone failsafe's (loses signal) it will force land, like when it runs out of battery. I found it strange, and googled it, and it seems to be the case.
Check out this post: GEO Zones, and RTH Failsafe Behavior Alert

I'm worried that it will force land and I will not be able retrieve it.
Did anyone encounter this before with the Mavic Air 2?
If not, I will go to the edge of the zone, to a safe area, and test it. But I would like to know the answer before I do test it myself.

There was a YouTube video of guy testing that. It "should" not land.
In the video I saw it stopped responding to any movements except shortest path out of the zone (I don't even think it was a shorter distance to the home point), I will post the link if I find it.

Reactions: Yaros
Flying my Mini 2 in the Sonoran Desert yesterday, at about 1500ft from launch. I got a red warning that I had somehow drifted into restricted airspace. I kept going about 500 more feet to get to my destination & returned on my own. Checking online maps afterwords showed my drone was nowhere near restricted airspace.

I'm no expert, as a matter of fact I believe I've only had my drone (MA2) out a handful of times, I'm smack dab in a "enhanced warning zone." Actually, it's an Air Force Reserve Air Base. When I fire up everything, a warning pops up alerting me I'm in a Restricted Fly Zone (something like that). I can choose to ignore it, and I have a few times. I've taken her up, out and completely out of sight, I do get a lil nervous and hit the home button. But mine was never forced to land.

I've had a Helicopter fly over once very low after I had my drone up extremely high. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but they circle back a couple times. I haven't had it out since. If anyone is curious, I live in very close proximity to the RI Air National Guard Base. Shhhhhh.

There was a YouTube video of guy testing that. It "should" not land.
In the video I saw it stopped responding to any movements except shortest path out of the zone (I don't even think it was a shorter distance to the home point), I will post the link if I find it.
I cannot edit this now, so just including the link yo YT video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi