DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

retiring my MPP

old man mavic

Premium Pilot
Reactions
hi fellow UK flyers ,i have just started flying my new Air 3 ,and to that end ,i have decided to retire my trusty old MPP ,i could never part with it after nearly 5 years of use ,( i know sentimental old fool syndrome)
so to that end it is going to sit in its hard case and i will let the RC and batteries slowly loose their charge
but i do have several accessories that i would be willing to let go of for free including some props as well and some nav lights i have the original charging brick that came with the Fly more kit and a Yx one that charges 3 batteries at the same time
so if anyone is interested just PM me
the items are for collection only

Last edited:
Reactions: Xitor
Whilst I understand the 'I will kept it' sentiment, I think that's a bit of a waste OMM when it comes to the batteries and controller.
Even if you keep the drone I would be inclined to pass the batteries and controller on. I am sure someone could put them to good use and would be grateful for them.

To keep your gear looking complete, if you watch ebay you might be able to pick up a dummy battery, they do exist for the m2p at least - I have one but it came in a dummy drone (ex shop display etc. drone) and dummy controllers do exist
I have seen a dummy GL200A controller on ebay and I think thats the relevant model.

Last edited:
I will never retire my MPP its has got to be the most fun of any of my camera drones to fly! ( I already drained my wallet for accessories so hopefully someone else can use yours) But keep her handy and take her out every once in awhile you will see they are just somehow more fun. you should keep your batterys for the future in case you want to use the cases to make batterys for it when you can't buy them anymore.

Whilst I understand the 'I will kept it' sentiment, I think that's a bit of a waste OMM when it comes to the batteries and controller.
Even if you keep the drone I would be inclined to pass the batteries and controller on. I am sure someone could put them to good use and would be grateful for them.

To keep your gear looking complete, if you watch ebay you might be able to pick up a dummy battery, they do exist for the m2p at least - I have one but it came in a dummy drone (ex shop display etc. drone) and dummy controllers do exist
I have seen a dummy GL200A controller on ebay and I think thats the relevant model.
its not even about keeping the MPP looking complete, dont forget the batteries are getting on have multiple charges and i would not want to give them away ,and then find out later that they failed and caused someones drone to meet a sorry end ,i can see that the RC could help another flyer out, if they were really desperate for a replacement, and with that thought in mind, i would let that go to a good home ,to help another flyer
i have sold, or passed on many of my previous drones to others, since starting out in the hobby ,and have no issue in doing that but the MPP was the first DJI drone after my Phantom, that had the incredible Occusync transmission system ,which by the way has never failed to keep the RC and drone connected in all the hundreds of flights i have had with it over the years
if no one takes me up on my offer ,then not a problem i will just keep the stuff in my man cave

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Is shipping to the US too expensive to even consider? Sorry, but I have no idea. If not I would possibly be interested in some of your accessories and -definitely- interested in the RC, since two can be used in tandem as a master/slave. I still fly my good old MPP regularly and have no plan to retire it anytime soon. Thank you

@umanbean thankyou for your comments in your post above, if it had not been for the fact that i now have the Air3 i to would still be flying my MPP as well ,and in fact did several weeks ago ,to be honest with you i dont really want to ship anything ,and thats why i posted my thread in the local and regional discussion's under the UK heading
keep on enjoying you MPP and i hope you have many more happy flights

OMM, thank you for your quick response. I don't blame you at all for not wanting to ship anything. Didn't notice what forum your post was in, it showed up when I clicked on New Posts, my usual point of entry to this site. And I always read your threads, particularly when the MPP is mentioned. There are very few of us MPP Flyers left :)

@umanbean i share you sentiments regarding the MPP as i have said many times on the forum over the years, for me it was the last of the DJI drones, that embraced the norm for all things that fly ( component redundancy) with duel components in case of failure and mine still looks as good as it did the day i got it
that's not to say that what came after and the latest drones are lacking in reliability to any great extent ,but sometimes in the pursuit of trying to improve ,and add lots of capabilities,to new drones, and reduce component costs to outdo the competition,and in the case of the Mini line up weight ,then reliability can suffer
i just hope that the new Air 3 i have just purchased ,gives me the same feeling of satisfaction and longevity that i have had from my MPP

I love my MPP. I was heartbroken when they rescinded RID approval. Hopefully someone will offer an affordable module so I can keep flying it. Seems a shame to keep yours in a case. Why not hang it from a ceiling as if in flight? Take the guts out of a battery and glue it back together for a safe, but realistic appearance.

I still fly mine regularly. Happy to keep it as backup in case anything happens to my Air2S.
As cafguy said and I agree, they are for some hard to pin down reason, still very satisfying to fly even though the pictures and video not up to the A2S standard. Happy to keep owning and using for the foreseeable future!

Reactions: old man mavic
I love my MPP. I was heartbroken when they rescinded RID approval. Hopefully someone will offer an affordable module so I can keep flying it. Seems a shame to keep yours in a case. Why not hang it from a ceiling as if in flight? Take the guts out of a battery and glue it back together for a safe, but realistic appearance.
Beat me to it 😡🙂🙂

Take some fishing line and hang it at some mean angle diving, pitched forward with a bit of roll. 👍

Similar situation here but with original Air, my last RC toy with every dang accessory l could buy... 4 original batteries all of which have been recharged just under 30X, ND filters, extending parabolic antenna addon, mount for my 10" tablet, several sets of Master Screw props, hard case, handle to mount it to use as gyro stabilized cam yada,yada, yada.

I'd gift it forward to a kid if I knew they would learn and use it and not just take it and put it on Ebay.

So I've kept it and pull it out at least twice a year to inspect my eaves troughs and blow elm seeds out in the spring and leaves in the fall.

as long as i have mission hub when it comes to searching for cattle elk sheds even a lost person low allitude missions will keep my M1P,s and M1X,s with there unique RTH capabilities ,I,ll keep launching 2 some times 3 drones from the same site they can cover more country then anything else i know and bring back crisp video of each flight they will always be welcome in my fleet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne