DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Retractable Leg Extensions

I just got some as well, will be flying in some remote areas in the desert with soft gravel and sand and don’t want it resting on its gimbal if it is off the pad.

PolarPro's for me too. No issues as yet, but they back up their product with a pretty good no-bulls**t guarantee

I have PGYTECHs standard extensions and the front ones make it feel like you could easily damage something getting them on and off.

Maybe these are worth a shot.
A little EVOO fixes that .........

PolarPro did send me another set and so far, they're working as advertised but I am being very careful folding them.
Glad to hear you received another set and are working for you at this time. Should you have any further troubles, do not hesitate to reach out!

Safe flying!

Hi all,

I also bought the PolarPro retractable Landing extensions BUT as so many of us experienced, the connector for the hind-legs (those with runner clamp) break off and render the whole set useless.

I was tempted to ask for replacement and get the same again and walk on eggs to sue it.

What I actually did? I removed the broken knob connector completely, removed the rubber inlay on the inside and drilled a hole in place.
After that I mounted a pair of nuts n bolts and BINGO, like new and indestructible!!!

So before you go into all the trouble to send it back just to get the same thing again? FIX IT FOR GOOD.

I include a few pictures so you can see how it looks. Work takes about 20 minutes per leg!

Good luck,
jAKE

Adjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPGAdjustments.JPG

Hi all,

I also bought the PolarPro retractable Landing extensions BUT as so many of us experienced, the connector for the hind-legs (those with runner clamp) break off and render the whole set useless.

I was tempted to ask for replacement and get the same again and walk on eggs to sue it.

What I actually did? I removed the broken knob connector completely, removed the rubber inlay on the inside and drilled a hole in place.
After that I mounted a pair of nuts n bolts and BINGO, like new and indestructible!!!

So before you go into all the trouble to send it back just to get the same thing again? FIX IT FOR GOOD.

I include a few pictures so you can see how it looks. Work takes about 20 minutes per leg!

Good luck,
jAKE

View attachment 83133View attachment 83134View attachment 83135View attachment 83136View attachment 83137
I’d recommend just asking PolarPro. They have been very responsive to this problem when it occurs... which was mostly in the first generation.

I’d recommend just asking PolarPro. They have been very responsive to this problem when it occurs... which was mostly in the first generation.

Yeah Thomas, just “talk” to PolarPro.

I live in the Philippines and had it shipped to me from the USA because nobody sells it here and if they would, for triple the price.

Even sending the damaged item back would exceed the purchase price.

All I wanted to do in this message was to offer my “alternative”, if I may?

Best regards
jAKE

Yeah Thomas, just “talk” to PolarPro.

I live in the Philippines and had it shipped to me from the USA because nobody sells it here and if they would, for triple the price.

Even sending the damaged item back would exceed the purchase price.

All I wanted to do in this message was to offer my “alternative”, if I may?

Best regards
jAKE
Of course.

Cant see why you need them I hand launch and hand land without a problem?

Cant see why you need them I hand launch and hand land without a problem?
I just finished getting videoing of desert mountains near me with peaks at about 4000’ AGL over the desert floor. The mountains have no trails. I had to land my drone and take off from places on those mountains to get high enough up to see over them. So in this case hand catching was not really an option. The LG made me feel much better about landing a distance....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54