DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reviewing flight logs

FireballXL5

Reactions
I'm now to drones, and have only flown my Mini a few times. I would like to get proficient in reading the logs after each flight. I have been loading my log files to AirData and looking at them. I find that interesting. I have noticed that some pilots who have looked into posts with flight issues post graphs and such. What software and files are you using to extract that data from? Just trying to learn as much as I can. I figure this will also give me something to do when I can't get outside to fly. Thanks.

Happy reading ... but you're right, this will lead to more question marks.

In CsvView you will find for instance these signal data from my Mavic Air ... they can differ depending on the drone model.

From a TXT log:
DJI TXT file signals in CsvView.jpg

And from the DAT log these:

DJI DAT file signals in CsvView.jpg

All of these looks mumbo jumbo ... which to chose & what are they showing?

Several is self explanatory ... but some aren't so clear. Furthermore several show the same thing also. It's here all your questions will occur. Also how to start when you have a drone that have flown away with claimed none stick inputs or just fallen from the sky ... look at already solved cases, what were the initial theories about the event, which signals were then chosen to prove the theories. The more events you solve/look at the more event causes you learn ... & by that the quicker & more precise the initial theory phase will be.

It can be addictive ... kind of like solving a puzzle, just so you're warned ;)

Reactions: Gindra and RodPad
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111