DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reviving the Mini2 after a long period of being inactive...

Ronny St.

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all,
Due to several (personal) circumstances my Mini2 stayed at in its box at home for just over one year now, but today I decided to take it out and resume flying with it.
Of course I got the request to update DJI FlyApp, so I did it. It now has version 1.4.0 despite the fact I read here a lot about 1.5.4 being out. Will it be updated automatically soon or do I have to start it manually somehow? The same question also goes on the battery firmware updates.
I also see an orange '1' on the icon of the app but I cannot figure it out why it is there. I assume there is some message but I did not find a way to retrieve it.
Now that spring and summer are coming I want to take up flying again as before, but want to be sure that I got it all 100% updated to get optimal performance and pleasure.
Thanks for giving me some advice!
Kind regards,
Ronny

UPDATE: it just installed 1.5.10 now and the orange '1' has dissappeared. Awaiting 1.5.4 now and the battery firmware updates, but maybe they will come some next time when I start the aircraft :)

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure, but I am inclined to believe that 1.5.10 is more recent that 1.5.4. I may be off base, but I think it's one point five point 10, rather than say a variety of 1.5.1. If I'm right, you probably have the latest version of DJI Fly as of 04MAR2022.

If I'm mistaken I'd appreciate a heads up.

Good luck with your resumption of flying. As the motors are, I believe, lube free (from what I can gather, the consensus is that it's better to not even try), if your machine has been kept dust and shock and temperature extreme free, you should be good to go.

What about your batteries, though? It's generally good to cycle them regularly. I generally cycle lipos at least three times per year. I charge to full, then run them down to around 25% capacity, then charge them back up to between 65% and 70%. And if some of them turn out to be unbalanced problem children, then I work on them using my various tricks of the trade to get them balanced.

1.5.10 is more recent than 1.5.4. It's not 1.5.1.0.

Check the props to be sure that they haven't been deformed during storage. They can be warped by a storage strap or the case and will fail to generate adequate lift, resulting in high motor speed warnings and uncontrolled descents. It's discussed in another post today.

Reactions: KrowNB
Check well your batteries, they are the ones that suffer the most from long time of inactivity.

He guys, thanks for the replies and advices :)
In the meantime I made a flight and all went perfectly! I had everything stored in an adapted flight-case so that the props were not folded during storage. The batteries charged seemingly without problem (they were completely empty, though) and the one I used for the flight did not give any problems, so I everything looks to be fine. Now that the sun is back in the country, I will start making more flights again and use the other batteries subsequently so that they 'wear' almost simultaniously.
Have a nice day and great flights!
Kind regards,
Ronny

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu