DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RGB?

SeditThis

Reactions
What, logical, reason is thereto put a small dim RGB light on the nose of a drone?

So you can see the drone Orientation when first learning to fly.
Yeah, I don't buy that reasoning. It already has a blinking light on it's butt. The RGB bar is too small and dim for it to be seen any further than 20 feet away, if someone needs an extra light to tell what way it is facing on their drone for extremely close range practice, maybe flying a drone isn't for them. Like I asked, logical reason it is there. Orientation isn't it.

• Wow
Reactions: MaxE1955!
Sometimes there are reasons... here’s 12 seconds. Add on Firehouse ARC2 XLs front and rear... much better visibility for pilots and others.

If you refer to the Mini 2's addition of the little programmable light on its nose.....
Marketing, Bling, place holder for something important.
Take your pick. ?

Orientation reasons aside, does anyone have experience of this being a deterrent for birds?

Last edited:
you will all laugh at this theory for the little light
if you look at both the MM and Mini2 then to untrained eyes they look exactly the same
but for those in the know ,we can see that one is a MM no light
and the one with the light a Mini2
its called badge snobbery ,for those who must let others know, that they have the latest version

Sometimes there are reasons... here’s 12 seconds. Add on Firehouse ARC2 XLs front and rear... much better visibility for pilots and others.
Those are user added strobes, that's different. I talking about the onboard RGB lightbar on the nose.

Yeah, I don't buy that reasoning. It already has a blinking light on it's butt. The RGB bar is too small and dim for it to be seen any further than 20 feet away, if someone needs an extra light to tell what way it is facing on their drone for extremely close range practice, maybe flying a drone isn't for them. Like I asked, logical reason it is there. Orientation isn't it.
Well why even ask. You seem to have a come back to all that respond.
Well, it's the most logical reason so far, I'm not sure Id call it a good reason for it to be there.
Then you have your answer. .

its no different to the fact that my MPP is a different colour from the original Mavic pro ,unless it has a skin on it mine does then i can see straight away that its a MPP it just differentiates between the two versions ,the lights and the colour do not make them fly any different its the improvements internally that count

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
We all continue to learn new things on this forum.

Reactions: old man mavic
Could be identified as a UFO to the uninitiated
Yep....Unnecessary Flashing Object. :cool:

OK That was fun, but it is inaccurate as the front LED does have practical function. While I read the manual, evidently some info did not stick in my mind.
This post brought my ignorance to light(no pun intended)

Last edited:
DJI has some flashing light code that supposedly tells you when your drone does different things. I"m not sure if it's just the back light or the front one as well. As far as using it for visual identification, I don't think it's very useful beyond 10 feet away.

I use one Firehouse ARC V's on the bottom to keep an eye on my drones and with my Mini 2 use smaller red and green strobes on the front to identify when it's facing me. Sometimes I'll add a V on the top. I use all ARC V's on my Mavic 2. I rarely if ever fly without strobes, day or night as it is so easy to lose sight of your drone, even when it is theoretically in clear view.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1