DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ALL EU MINI SERIES PILOTS should have a look at the FOURTH sentence onwards of post#12 or post 41, by a DJI MOD, in respectively, the threads

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions

EDIT. Title and post edited to show the second location.

If true it's a fair old bombshell.

Mods, I know this is similar to my post in the Mini 4 forum but please don't delete this post/thread, it relates to different drones and possibly all the other mini series drones.

Last edited:
Guessing whatever it was was incorrect since there's no post #12.
It said

"In accordance with the same European Drone Regulation, all other currently-available drones of the DJI Mini series (e.g. Mini 2 SE, Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro) will be restricted to an altitude limit of 120m later this year via a DJI firmware update. Customers of the above-named, currently-available DJI Mini-series drones (before Mini 4 Pro) will be able to apply retroactively for C0 class identification labels in Q4 this year via a process we will share in due course. Thank you for your understanding and support."

Unfortunately I didn't copy the post but the relevant bit has been posted in other threads on there, that's where I got the above from.

I guess time will tell if it was wrong or an accidental-leak/bomb-release.

Last edited:
2nd location post 41 of

Incorrect interpretation of drone EU regulations - 120m

"Incorrect interpretation of drone EU regulations - 120m"
I think it's high time that people started reminding DJI that it's their job to sell drones, not enforce laws. I fly three drones, two of which are capable of 500m AGL: one that is capable of a lot more. Even though all three aren't firmware restricted, I fly all three in complete accord with current drone regulation. They are my property bought and paid for. I CHOOSE to fly them responsibly.

But if they don't 'manufacture' products that are in accordance with local laws then they will be unable to sell within the relevant jurisdiction. Case in point Apple being forced to adopt USB-C connectors instead of lightning.
Unfortunately some pilots choose to fly irresponsibly and often publicise the fact, forcing DJI etc. to introduce limits is an easy way around the problem of such people.

But if they don't 'manufacture' products that are in accordance with local laws then they will be unable to sell within the relevant jurisdiction. Case in point Apple being forced to adopt USB-C connectors instead of lightning.
Unfortunately some pilots choose to fly irresponsibly and often publicise the fact, forcing DJI etc. to introduce limits is an easy way around the problem of such people.
Again, it's not down to the manufacturer to police the use of their product, except in a totalitarian state perhaps. A case in point is AUTEL, who haven't/didn't police the use of their drones, which were still on sale right next to DJI products and sold very well indeed.
In another thread, I think it was you made the comment that 'range tests' provide regulatory bodies with just the right kind of fuel to start the other heavy hand of Big Brother slapping down on drone fliers. .. and you're absolutely right. Another comment on the same thread excused this activity by saying that how else would people be able to gauge signal penetration and attenuation. The simple way to do that is to put the drone behind trees or a building WITHIN VLOS.
There are hundreds of posts all over related forums where the subjects of +120m AGL flight and BVLOS flight appear every day with users comparing notes and openly boasting, all of whom will be spitting nails when they get the inevitable 'tug' from some deskbound FAA or CAA turdskinner. Not one of them seems to either consider, or care that it's not only their own foot they're shooting at.

I think the biggest problem is that we aren't COMMUNITY of drone fliers, we're individuals who just happen to fly the same kind of drones. Until that changes, every one of us is easy meat.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne