DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID Options.....?

Crow Horse

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Currently, what are our options regarding RID modules? Drone Tag is very pricey. I have a M2Z and 2 MA's and RID looks like it's going to take a chunk of change to remain compliant.

Currently, what are our options regarding RID modules? Drone Tag is very pricey. I have a M2Z and 2 MA's and RID looks like it's going to take a chunk of change to remain compliant.
If anything, they need to make it even smaller and weigh less. 32 grams (1.1 ounces) is not to bad but the size of the module is huge and can restrict using other devices such as lighting or other accessories.
Also as you noted, the pricing must be with in reason to get folks to comply. Hopefully the price and size of the module will change for the better when we are finally forced to comply next year.module.jpg

Reactions: GFields
The clock is ticking down and we're less than a year away from required compliance. It doesn't seem like there will be enough time for improvements or other alternatives to be developed. Maybe and hopefully I'm wrong.

The other issue that I'm concerned with is that even if a suitable option is made available, how available will it be considering the mad rush to purchase them?

I'm still holding out some hope that the MA2 will support it via a firmware update.
Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please. Fingers are crossed!

Don't get anything at the moment. Just wait. You have until 9/16/23 to even do anything. There will be more on the market, and they'll be cheaper and lighter than the Drone Tag.

Keep an eye on this. The FAA list will tell you of new modules being approved.

Currently DJI hasn't made earlier models compliant. Hopefully they do.
Some will, some won't. It depends on the tech of the transmission of that particular drone.

Gonna check my Air 2S soon
You may already know that the Air 2s is on FAA’s list. It is compliant with Remote ID if you load recent/latest firmware.

With 10 months to go I’m in no hurry on my A2s.

Hello, please note that Dronetag Mini has cellular connectivty for more advanced scenarios such as BVLOS flights and fleet management. To just get compliant and have bare minimum, we offer Dronetag Beacon with just 16 grams of weight. Please note that it is not easy to get below 15 grams of weight if the device must include the battery. And on most of the DJI drones, the device must be completely standalone with the battery because you don't have power output there.

Just write me an email and I will try to come up with some early bird promotional price for you. Thanks, Lukas

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman