DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RIP My Mavic 3

Unfortunately in the panic I flew down and straight to try and get away. Seems that bird can keep up with a Mavic 3 in Sports mOde.
That is the typical thing people do when a bird attacks, they want to get down and away. Unfortunately, that is worst thing you could do because one thing these attack birds are masters at, is hitting a target below them and flying away. They always attack other birds from above because they have the speed and maneuverability on their side. Your bird may have been a hawk or possibly a golden eagle, if it was big and brown, if you have them in NZ.

The one thing all attack birds are no good at is flying upwards/climbing, so once you see a bird trying to attack ALWAYS go straight up and they will not be able to catch you. Once at altitude you can then fly away and come back to yourself from a distance and hopefully the bird will have lost interest in you. Sorry for your loss.

I would strongly suggest you call DJI and have them replace your drone, if you have care refresh. You will get a brand new one, not a repaired unit, that may have other ongoing issues surface, later on. Plus, DJI are very fast with their turnarounds, and they pay shipping to them and back to you. I've been through that, trying to get independent repairers to do the work and it never got properly fixed but cost me money. In the end I used DJI and had to pay because I had no warranty with them, but they sent a new drone in a week.

Reactions: BroomRider
That is the typical thing people do when a bird attacks, they want to get down and away. Unfortunately, that is worst thing you could do because one thing these attack birds are masters at, is hitting a target below them and flying away. They always attack other birds from above because they have the speed and maneuverability on their side. Your bird may have been a hawk or possibly a golden eagle, if it was big and brown, if you have them in NZ.

The one thing all attack birds are no good at is flying upwards/climbing, so once you see a bird trying to attack ALWAYS go straight up and they will not be able to catch you. Once at altitude you can then fly away and come back to yourself from a distance and hopefully the bird will have lost interest in you. Sorry for your loss.

I would strongly suggest you call DJI and have them replace your drone, if you have care refresh. You will get a brand new one, not a repaired unit, that may have other ongoing issues surface, later on. Plus, DJI are very fast with their turnarounds, and they pay shipping to them and back to you. I've been through that, trying to get independent repairers to do the work and it never got properly fixed but cost me money. In the end I used DJI and had to pay because I had no warranty with them, but they sent a new drone in a week.
Thanks, I will be keeping at front of mind if I encounter another bird. We have many Hawks around here, not sure about Eagles though.

So Dji shipped out a replacement today, I am like a little excited kid waiting on my new/old Toy to arrive. Flying my Evo 2 and Mini 3 Pro for now to tie me over.
See..? DJI was the best way to go for you. This way you get to start out brand new again and any issues you have will be covered with a new drone warranty from them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake