DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Risky Manoeuvres, how shallow is TOO shallow?

Vernon

Reactions
How much water do you need under your keel? I like to have at least 1m but in this situation I made an exception, but only after thoroughly checking the situation out. Still makes me feel pretty nervous and I didnt fully unclench until we made it safely into the deep lagoon. This is Oeseli Lagoon, one of the many gems in and around Rote, Indonesia. Enjoi

Captain Cook had nothing on you mate!

Reactions: Vernon
Thanks for sharing; beautiful scenery, really enjoyed the video! I have taken a few sailing classes and gotten a little bit of experience, would love to put sailing in that part of the world on my bucket list!

Nice place! Great to see where you are in the world. Looks like you both had a great time there.

Nicely done Vernon.
I feel like there's a bit of Alby Mangels happening here .....all you need now is the dog. LOL
I trust you are old enough to remember ... he actually lives up my way and is now 72, reflecting on what was.
Better to have been a has been than a never was - because a never was, never was...but ...a has been has been!!!
Lovely lifestyle mate, enjoy!
Cheers mate...from Down Under

ALBY.jpeg

Nicely done Vernon.
I feel like there's a bit of Alby Mangels happening here .....all you need now is the dog. LOL
I trust you are old enough to remember ... he actually lives up my way and is now 72, reflecting on what was.
Better to have been a has been than a never was - because a never was, never was...but ...a has been has been!!!
Lovely lifestyle mate, enjoy!
Cheers mate...from Down Under

View attachment 137681
Thanks mate. Alby is a real legend and traveled in an age that was really still very adventurous.

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Thanks for sharing; beautiful scenery, really enjoyed the video! I have taken a few sailing classes and gotten a little bit of experience, would love to put sailing in that part of the world on my bucket list!
My pleasure!

Great video. Excellent use of your drone with an effortless hand catch thrown in for good measure 👍🏻
Thanks. Yeah, that was an easy catch as we were at anchor. Still want to get a handle to strap on the drone though

Thanks mate for sharing ....what a way to travel....😀
And I like the way you showed how the drone helps to check out the terrain first... really cool, as is your flying and editing.
Thanks again mate.
Ranjit from Singapore

Thanks mate for sharing ....what a way to travel....😀
And I like the way you showed how the drone helps to check out the terrain first... really cool, as is your flying and editing.
Thanks again mate.
Ranjit from Singapore
Thanks Ranjit

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh