DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rookie in Grand Junction, Colorado

aWingnut

Reactions
Glad I found this Forum, thanks in advance for the help! And please point me to the correct threads if this Rookie is in the wrong place.

I've had my Pro a few months now but only a few hours flight time, and in spite of my aged brain's delayed learning curve I had about gotten the hang of it when an issue developed.

I started getting the bottom half or so of my Galaxy S7 display distorted intermittently, then increasing in frequency and severity. The videos and pics taken are fine on the SD card so I know it is not the camera. Then the display gets worse and the aircraft becomes non-responsive or self-disconnects even though it is within 50 feet or less.
This started before the update, which I've done but did not help the problem. I've calibrated both IMU and compass, and GPS is strong.

I've seen suggestions to enable USB debugging but can't for the life of me find the Developer Options it is supposed to be accessed from, and I know I've seen that option before but I seem to have lost it (one way or another!)

I've tried my old S7 and my Samsung Tablet (A10) and all have the same issue, so it's not the phone.

I just made another attempt , and DJI go4 said update required, which I had to start to continue, and it said update failed. After restarting it says the update is current but the above mentioned issues remain. Then it says all ok until a warning on the controller says the firmware needs updating and then signal lost.

I found the DJI go4 tips section and tried all of that. No change.

How do I get to the Dev. Options to try the USB debugging trick?
Any other suggestions (that work) would be rewarded with a homebrew if you are ever in Western Co.

I would like to be made to look stupid with an easy fix. (I often only look stupid)

Thanks,
Doug

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Try setting up your Android devices like this:
Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)

See #2 at the above link for instructions on enabling developer mode.

Thanks, I had skipped some of those steps since all had worked fine for the first six or so flights. I did as you suggested and on restarting DJI go4 it said the firmware needs updating again, but it also always says that the update log is empty...is that normal?

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

it also always says that the update log is empty...is that normal?
I'm not sure what you're referring to. Got a screenshot?

During the update, there is a note that " the update log is empty", even tho I've done all the updates.
If that is preventing you from installing the latest firmware, then try installing it using the DJI Assistant application. If needed, you can download that application from the Mavic downloads page.

Glad I found this Forum, thanks in advance for the help! And please point me to the correct threads if this Rookie is in the wrong place.

I've had my Pro a few months now but only a few hours flight time, and in spite of my aged brain's delayed learning curve I had about gotten the hang of it when an issue developed.

I started getting the bottom half or so of my Galaxy S7 display distorted intermittently, then increasing in frequency and severity. The videos and pics taken are fine on the SD card so I know it is not the camera. Then the display gets worse and the aircraft becomes non-responsive or self-disconnects even though it is within 50 feet or less.
This started before the update, which I've done but did not help the problem. I've calibrated both IMU and compass, and GPS is strong.

I've seen suggestions to enable USB debugging but can't for the life of me find the Developer Options it is supposed to be accessed from, and I know I've seen that option before but I seem to have lost it (one way or another!)

I've tried my old S7 and my Samsung Tablet (A10) and all have the same issue, so it's not the phone.

I just made another attempt , and DJI go4 said update required, which I had to start to continue, and it said update failed. After restarting it says the update is current but the above mentioned issues remain. Then it says all ok until a warning on the controller says the firmware needs updating and then signal lost.

Any other suggestions (that work) would be rewarded with a homebrew if you are ever in Western Co.

I would like to be made to look stupid with an easy fix. (I often only look stupid)

Thanks,
Doug
Howdy from Wyoming @aWingnut , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

If that is preventing you from installing the latest firmware, then try installing it using the DJI Assistant application. If needed, you can download that application from the Mavic downloads page.
Thanks. About the 4th try it updated all the way, but still have my communication problem. I have a few other things to try today.

Is anyone in Montrose or nearby that would want to meet up? I am in depserate need of some tips, and would love to see some experts in action!

Thanks,
Doug
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato