DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rosetta Drone + QGroundControl = ArduPilot on Mavic

PaoloOne

Reactions
Hi Guys,
I am testing Rosetta Drone & QGroundControl on my Mavic Pro, in summary Drone Rosetta is a proxy to the MavLink protocol enabling to use apps like QGroundControl to plan missions.
Personally I see a huge advantage by using standard protocols which allow to not being locked into one ecosystem.
Another advantage for me is the possibility to get a freely accessible livestream form the drone.

My question is:
Has anybody else here used this tools and wants to share the experience?

QGroundControl
Rosetta Drone

Hi dear friend....
Can you guide me how to install rosetta and configure all the system please?
thx

Rosetta Drone 2 is now in the making.
Bringing the best of two worlds together.

Alpha code can be found here. It is unstable and still missing some features.
(Some issues with the waypoint to position goto, and I have not understood the Mavic AIR video output format)

The "face_lift_" is the current branch...

We now support Mavic 2 series, GO4 like GUI, and we now also support the latest DJI SDK and Androids.
AND IT runs perfectly on DJI Smart Controller.
Many more Mavlink commands have been added, like joystick flight etc. RC stick feedback etc.
The Rosetta Drone 2 also got a built-in simulator for training and test, AND it supports DroneKit python for AI work etc. Mavproxy for telemetry splitting etc. etc.
Video out is H264 compatible with QGroundcontroll's UDP stream, or use:

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5600 caps = "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96" ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Any Input is well appreciated, and even better clone the code and send med PR so we together can lift it even future...
Spread the word...

These pictures are taken with Mavic AIR, Mavic 2 Pro is even better.

1584129981725.png
1584129998510.png

Hi Guys,
I am testing Rosetta Drone & QGroundControl on my Mavic Pro, in summary Drone Rosetta is a proxy to the MavLink protocol enabling to use apps like QGroundControl to plan missions.
Personally I see a huge advantage by using standard protocols which allow to not being locked into one ecosystem.
Another advantage for me is the possibility to get a freely accessible livestream form the drone.

My question is:
Has anybody else here used this tools and wants to share the experience?

QGroundControl
Rosetta Drone
By any chance is there a tutorial on how to compile this on Android Studios. I'm having a few issues with finding the values folder. There's multiple. When I go to build, there isn't a build project, there is only a build module, is that the right one? Just so many questions for someone that hasn't done this before.

I got this to compiled and installed on my phone, but it crashes when I try to press any button. I see the lights on my drone telling me it is attempting some sort of handshake. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? It seems to register with DJI fine.. it asked me to log in when I first installed it... seems like everything was going as it should... then it just crashes.

I got this to compiled and installed on my phone, but it crashes when I try to press any button. I see the lights on my drone telling me it is attempting some sort of handshake. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? It seems to register with DJI fine.. it asked me to log in when I first installed it... seems like everything was going as it should... then it just crashes.
?relink?

Rosetta Drone 2 is now in the making.
Bringing the best of two worlds together.

Alpha code can be found here. It is unstable and still missing some features.
(Some issues with the waypoint to position goto, and I have not understood the Mavic AIR video output format)

The "face_lift_" is the current branch...

We now support Mavic 2 series, GO4 like GUI, and we now also support the latest DJI SDK and Androids.
AND IT runs perfectly on DJI Smart Controller.
Many more Mavlink commands have been added, like joystick flight etc. RC stick feedback etc.
The Rosetta Drone 2 also got a built-in simulator for training and test, AND it supports DroneKit python for AI work etc. Mavproxy for telemetry splitting etc. etc.
Video out is H264 compatible with QGroundcontroll's UDP stream, or use:

gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=5600 caps = "application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96" ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Any Input is well appreciated, and even better clone the code and send med PR so we together can lift it even future...
Spread the word...

These pictures are taken with Mavic AIR, Mavic 2 Pro is even better.

View attachment 96514
View attachment 96515
Hey im trying to work with the rosetta drone and it would help to know with what dji platforms it works with.
As im planning on buying a new drone and i need to know that it isupported by rosetta drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1