DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH did not work..

Looks like a toy but a Mavic is a small unmanned aircraft capable of sharing airspace with manned aircraft. As pointed out out above you need to be alert to the aircraft’s location and flight behaviour at all times. It’s ok to override the control and fly up a ridge remaining under 400m above the ground. However you must fly back in the same manner, either mannually or using the terrain following function. And never put the controller down. Ever.

RTH is not a flight mode. It's an emergency procedure only! That's the proper way any good pilot should view aircraft autonomy of any kind.

Not any more than cruise control on a car. Since I can't watch the speedometer continuously, and today's cars provide very little auditory feedback as to how fast I'm going, I use the cruise control most of the time to maintain constant legal speed.

hello just_nick and Sar104,
Thanks very much for your explanations, problem was then the wind which was so strong that the aircraft was drifting and assumed it could never go back at such distance and altitude, until it reached a lower attitude where the wind was not so strong and i could bring it back ( when i woke up). There is always a huge wind at around 1300m especially near the edge which is the top of the ski resort (La Faucille), on the other side of the mountain. The 3D description is amazing. The location is actually in france at the border with Switzerland. Here the max altitude permitted by Mavic is 500m, so my differencial altitude was within limits, although i had to climb 800m to reach the ridge. Yes i had to unlock altitude which is almost mandatory when you live against the jura on one side and 50 kms from the Alps on the other, very frustrating not to reach the top of these mountains when you see it. Anyway i am new to this forum and i can see it has passionate pilots like myself. Thanks again. Pascal
There is a free Android App named UAV Forecast that gives wind speed and temperature (useful for battery functioning) at heights up to 1500 m (if I remember correctly) based on GPS location.

RTH is not a flight mode. It's an emergency procedure only! That's the proper way any good pilot should view aircraft autonomy of any kind.
Rubbish.

Most aircraft spend most of there time being flown "by wire"

I regularly fly my MP using tracks i have previously planned using DroneHarmony. When I fly a Cessna i do the same using autopolot and when i drive my car i use cruise control. Sure i monitor the computer but it is doing the work in all 3 cases.

Reactions: Peio64270
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet