DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH help

GTW

Reactions
Hello, newbie here. 2 Questions on the Return to Home feature:

1. I want the height to be set to 50M, I have changed this in the app. However, each time it resets the 'home point', it resets the height to 100m - is there anyway to stop this please?

2. The 'home point' seems to be set from where my mini 2 takes off, but if I'm out for a long walk I want the home point to be my controller, is there a way to do this please?

Don't know and almost certainly.
In the "safety" menu of the FLY app for my MM there is "Update Home Point" pressng that, from memory takes you to a number of options which might be via a map which include
a) setting it to the drone's current position,
b) setting it to the controller's position and
c) definitely via the map, setting it anywhere else.
I have done all 3 ......BUT.........I found b & c to be not very accurate, so, use with care.
NOTE b & c require the phone to have a GPS lock, I suspect a) will use the drone's own GPS.

I would think the Mini 2's menus are similar.

As for RTH altitude, are you setting it while the AC is connected? The app will let you change the setting "offline", but since that's stored in the AC, without the AC connected, the change has nowhere to go and gets overwritten when the app retrieves the current setting from the AC.

Reactions: WooZie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes