DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH issue

dulwolf

Reactions
Tried RTH. And worked first time but second time I hit the RTH the Mavic went straight up in air. I had to bring in manual What causes this to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Tried RTH. And worked first time but second time I hit the RTH the Mavic went straight up in air. I had to bring in manual What causes this to happen?

RTH 101: The Mavic will climb to the minimum set RTH altitude before flying home.

As drone pilots from this forum informed if the mavic is facing to the sun.
The Mavic would indicate as the obstacle. It will raise or keep rising to the max.
If you are flying to the area no mountains, hills, or building. turn-off the obstacle avoidance.
Keep Mavic within sights at all time.
Avoid RTH if possible.
I think it's happened to my Mavic.
I lost one. Just received a second one.

Last edited:
It climbs, gets it's bearing, aims towards home, and then flies.

Cyberpower678 has it totally right. Seems like you, dulwolf, are the proud owner of a perfectly fine working Mavic Pro. Now isn't THAT great news? A whole lot better than finding out something is wrong, huh?

I truly wish other posters here in this Forum were as lucky as you are. I suggest you read some of their horror stories, learn from their mistakes, and remember to simply ALWAYS fly safe and put your aircraft ONLY where YOU want it to be at ALL times. That way you'll never crash and you'll have your Mavic around for quite some time to use and enjoy. Post some images here of what you capture when you get to that point. Always happy to see other pilot's images.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silfumus