DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH on lost signal

Levoqd

Reactions
If I’m flying between mountains and I lose signal, at what point does return to home kick in? Does it automatically kick in or do I have to ask the device to return to home from the controller?

RTH auto initiates 3 seconds after the remote controller signal (the uplink) disconnects from the aircraft.

If I’m flying between mountains and I lose signal, at what point does return to home kick in? Does it automatically kick in or do I have to ask the device to return to home from the controller?
it is important to remember that when the mavic is returning to home,that it follows a direct route back to the home point .

so make sure that your return altitude takes that into consideration when you fly the outward bound leg of your flight

Reactions: Thomas B
it is important to remember that when the mavic is returning to home,that it follows a direct route back to the home point
It depends which Mavic you're flying. For the Mavic Air and Mavic 2, the aircraft will retrace its previous flight path for about 60 seconds. If the remote controller signal does not reconnect, the aircraft will then fly directly back to the home point from its current location (which wouldn't be the location where the remote controller signal was lost).

Reactions: old man mavic
It depends which Mavic you're flying. For the Mavic Air and Mavic 2, the aircraft will retrace its previous flight path for about 60 seconds. If the remote controller signal does not reconnect, the aircraft will then fly directly back to the home point from its current location (which wouldn't be the location where the remote controller signal was lost).
@msinger thanks for your input i was basing my reply with my MPP as the OP does not say which UAV he is flying

If you have lost signal, there's nothing you can do with the controller that could initiate RTH (or anything else).
To get an understanding of how it all works, try testing in a large, open area where there's nothing to hit.
Fly 100 feet out and switch off the controller to see the magic at work.

Fly 100 feet out and switch off the controller to see the magic at work
FYI, the retrace feature never works when I do this. The drone always flies back to the home point from the location where the remote controller signal was lost.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito