DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lost signal of both my Mavic 2 pros

superjet45

Reactions
The latest firmware is uploaded on all. Both drones get about 20' away, I get 'lost signal/return to home'. I'm at a loss

Reactions: Hermey
The latest firmware is uploaded on all. Both drones get about 20' away, I get 'lost signal/return to home'. I'm at a loss
Sounds like an issue with your RC.

More information would helpful.
History of these aircraft, what controller is being used, original owner, any previous damage ???
Without more information, a guess is pure speculation.

Which specific firmware? Have you recently updated to the latest GO4 release? What's the control frequency that craps-out after 20'?
Just as an experiment..... Boot the drone(s), go to the TRANSMISSION tab and MANUALLY select 5.8ghz. when you try this, is there a signal that doesn't drop connection?
This happened to me and quite a few other mav2 owners after updating to **.**.0770 about 3 years ago. Pretty much all owners who reported this had the 1st gen. Mavic 2's (RC1A controller)

Last edited:
If you are using the same remote controller for both, the problem is likely in the remote controller. If this is the case, I would try reverting to a previous update.

Reactions: superjet45
Didn't mean to confuse they're two different drones two different systems but they both have the same problems. Interesting to go into the transmission tab and manually select 5.8 gigahertz

Which specific firmware? Have you recently updated to the latest GO4 release? What's the control frequency that craps-out after 20'?
Just as an experiment..... Boot the drone(s), go to the TRANSMISSION tab and MANUALLY select 5.8ghz. when you try this, is there a signal that doesn't drop connection?
This happened to me and quite a few other mav2 owners after updating to **.**.0770 about 3 years ago. Pretty much all owners who reported this had the 1st gen. Mavic 2's (RC1A controller)
Good catch. Since I’m NOTan update fan, I wasn’t aware of this particular glitch. Another example of why it‘s better to wait until the bugs are found.

I have had weird issues like not connecting or remote id errors, but it corrected itself once I turned on/off my phone.

On the app Go Fly 4, I didn't see an option to go to the TRANSMISSION tab and MANUALLY select 5.8ghz. No Wifi options?

On the app Go Fly 4, I didn't see an option to go to the TRANSMISSION tab and MANUALLY select 5.8ghz. No Wifi options?
After you have booted the drone and entered the DJI GO4 app: The main screen displays the live camera view.

Top right corner of the screen: three white 'buttons' in a horizontal row.

Tap the three white buttons. This opens the menu screen.

The left vertical edge has a series of icons from top to bottom. Look for the 'HD' icon and tap it. This opens a sub-screen titled IMAGE TRANSMISSION SETTINGS. In the top right corner of this screen there is a rectangular box outlined in white with the word DUAL in blue. Tap the blue word and a drop-down box appears beneath it. From top to bottom this will read:

Dual
2.4 GHZ

5.8GHZ

Tap 5.8 GHZ. This will now be what is written in the white outlined box. You will have manually selected the 5.8GHZ transmission frequency and when you put your drone up in the air: it will exclusively use 5.8GHZ as the control frequency.

If you find that the drone behaves normally and the control signal is stable and secure: you will have to repeat these steps to manually choose this frequency EVERY time you boot the drone up - because the Mavics automatically default to DUAL transmission when they are switched on.

'DUAL' is supposed to automatically switch from 2.4ghz to 5.8ghz if heavy interference is detected... but more often than not - it doesn't.

If you want a graphic representation of what is going on with the control frequency: tap the blue sentence in the 'HD' tab that reads: IMAGE TRANSMISSION STATE. A box will drop down to reveal a live graph that shows you what kind of interference is hitting your control frequency. If you see something like a relief map of the Himalayas with red peaks: that's bad... and probably 2.4ghz. The 5.8ghz graph should be all green and more or less right at the bottom of the chart with very few lifts and definitely no high peaks.

Thanks for your explanation, I did follow and switched to 5.8Ghz. This still did not solve the lost signal problem.

Thanks for your explanation, I did follow and switched to 5.8Ghz. This still did not solve the lost signal problem.
Just out of curiosity, what firmware are they both running on now, and what version number is the GO4 app? what model are the two controllers? RC1A or RC1B? (It'll be printed on the black sticker on the back of the remote) this information could help other forum members who might experience something similar at a future date.

He stated above that he's using the "Go Fly 4" app. I wonder if he's using the correct app, because my GO 4 app doesn't have the word "Fly" in it.

There's
It would be good to have the OP clarify the name of the app used.

Chris
I did mean what release version of the GO4 app, but I guess I didn't articulate it very well. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll pay more attention in future. 👍 Cheers Chris.

I did mean what release version of the GO4 app, but I guess I didn't articulate it very well. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll pay more attention in future. 👍 Cheers Chris.

I wasn't correcting you (I use GO4 as well) -- I was questioning what app the OP is using. He states "Go Fly 4", but there isn't app quite named that, and I don't think any app with "FLY" in the name is for M2P models.

Chris

I wasn't correcting you (I use GO4 as well) -- I was questioning what app the OP is using. He states "Go Fly 4", but there isn't app quite named that, and I don't think any app with "FLY" in the name is for M2P models.

Chris
I spotted the GO4/FLY app mix 'n' match too (my workhorses are still the mav. 2's) but being honest, I inadvertantly mixed up the terminology as well.... In my original reply, I referred to the HD tab as the TRANSMISSION tab and felt a right Muppet when I realized 😁.
I don't know about you, but I still prefer the GO4 app: it's got a far more comprehensive feel to it. The FLY app reminds me of the Autel SKY app, they both feel dumbed-down instead of streamlined.

Thanks for all the input. It is Go4

V4.3.60​

To be honest, I'm at a complete loss, apart from suggesting that you uninstall the DJI GO4 app and then re-install an older version (they are still available and archived - if you need a link to them: let me know). This MIGHT be worth a try. The only other suggestion that might bear positive fruit would be to roll the firmware back to an earlier version, but I'll bet you a dollar that with the latest firmware you installed: the anti-rollback number will have increased from '2' to '3', meaning that any earlier firmware marked '1' or '2' will fail to overwrite what's in the drone now. Same thing that happened when a firmware and anti-rollback 'upgrade' was the only potential source of whatever screwed the 2.4ghz bandwidth for me and quite a lot of other users with the Mavic 2 01.00.0770 firmware.
**addendum**
What happens if you pair the controller of drone #1 with drone #2 and vice-versa? Another thing that might be worth a try. The chances of two drones and two controllers crapping out at exactly the same time is astronomical.
Best of luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne